Need new bathroom suite and fitter

Perhaps I'd be more inclined to respect that opinion if you were to back it up with reason and facts. Please answer my questions.

Oh well if you insist.

1. Customer purchased a suite and several items were missing for the bath legs, additionally some of the legs were for a different bath. On contacting the store, I was told they to were too busy and I would have to return them myself. Now remind me who is at fault here and who is going make up my lost time? Not good enough.

2. Toilet seat snapped in two when sat on!

3. W.C. was a second as the glaze had dripped around where the pan connector is attached, would not seal, had to manually file down.

4. Treated like a pile of dog doo when in store to sort out issues. They only seemed interested in the sale and not after care. I initially forgot to take in cust reciept and they said would not do anything even though I had pre-arranged a swap over the phone. Went back for reciept and when I went in they said they did not want to see recipet, I could have shoved it somewhere painful!

5. Spoken to several people in the trade and have similar stories. Also spoken to ex-employees who have very little good to say. I was told that some of their products are seconds from Italy, my experiences back that up.

Hope that is good enough for you. A question for you now.

You seem very defensive about JTP, normally this indicates some kind of relationship with said company. I may be wrong, but my nepotism detector is going mad.

I don't recommend them because my experiences are totally negative. My business is very important to me and anything that reflects badly on me is not acceptable. For the record I only recommend City Plumbing at Rotherham. Excellent products and excellent aftercare.

I have no connection to the company whatsoever.

However I was impressed with the layout of the store and the competative prices, as I said I'm on a very tight budget thanks to Alliance & Leicester :( I've not bought a suite as yet, but to be honest, for my budget, cosmetic seconds may have to suffice unfortunately.

Now you have backed up your opinion with logical explainations I may look elsewhere, I may not, but at least I have a second side to the story. Thank you.

City Plumbing... Is that what used to be Wolstenholmes in Brinsworth on Bawtry Road?

City Plumbing used to be in Brinsworth, it is now in Rotherham near the railway station on a small ind est next to Blue Minx. Great showroom and Karen is there to advise and help. Give em a try.

Cosmetic damage is one thing, badly or poorly manufactured is another altogether. From a plumbers point of view, who has to fit poorly made equipment, they can be a sod to put in and potentially cause future problems.

I have searched the forum and there are one or two recommendations for Pickfords, so by no means take my opinion on its own.

Remember, in life you get what you pay for, often think to yourself, why is this deal SO good! The classic on here and it happens all the time, is people asking for cheap plumbers etc.... I am not a cheap plumber, but good value, two completely different things. There are plenty of plumbers out there who will undercut me and they are welcome to that kind of work. I consider that being booked up till May, is a sign that I am doing something right.

Buy your own suite + then get a plumber,then a plasterer(if needed),then a tiler.It wiil be cheaper this way + no one will make owt on supplying the suite (they always add somat on and dont tell you)I can fit your suite,my Son/Brother are plasterers + I know quite a few tilers

Thanks Slinky for your advice, it is appreciated. And we'll go for a nosey around City Plumbing tomorrow. :)

Thanks L&L, That's what we'll be doing.

To be fair I know the suite and taps that I want, it's just a case of waiting for the retention from the mortgage to be sent through now and getting it at the right price. I used to work for a heating company and have one of their best engineers coming to fit it as well as doing a bit of work on the heating.

We're lucky in that a lot of our good friends and family are in the trades, the only one who isn't is our builder but he was recommended by a colleague. (GB Building, just done a fab job on fitting new patio doors and roof vents and replacing the guttering and downpipes, and will be coming back to replace the bathroom window.)

I recommned PD. Plumbheat, realistic prices and honest, reliable service. 07886625484 or 0114 2215265