Is the Snake Pass open? (From 15th Jan onwards)

Will do, which is the quickest picture site to set an account up on and upload to?

You could try either Flickr or imageshack

or photobucket.com?

alternatively email em me and i will host them?

Someone is going to enjoy getting their car back

Yeh, I wish my mate had told me he was going up, would have liked to have seen it all, looks like the cars have been robbed and vandalised as even if they were crashes surley it wouldn't put all the windows through.

isnt there some wonderfull people about? why would they do that eh?

great pics by the way! any more?

isnt there some wonderfull people about? why would they do that eh?

great pics by the way! any more?

He only sent me them 2, next time I see him i'll get the rest.

I'm presuming its still littered with cars up there and thats why its closed though??

Just to let everyone know the snake is now open again. It's still listed as closed on the bbc site but I've been to glossop and back tonight with no troubles. The road is clear but there is a lot of snow at the edges on the top at the glossop side.

All of the closed signs at ladybower and in glossop have gone so it's the websites that aren't up to date now.

Just to let everyone know the snake is now open again. It's still listed as closed on the bbc site but I've been to glossop and back tonight with no troubles. The road is clear but there is a lot of snow at the edges on the top at the glossop side.

All of the closed signs at ladybower and in glossop have gone so it's the websites that aren't up to date now.

A57 Derbyshire - Snake Pass closed both ways due to snow between Hurst Road and Ladybower Reservoir , in Glossop

Last updated: 20th January 2010 at 08:52, started: 17th January 2010

Thats been updated half an hour ago, been closed again?

A57 Derbyshire - Snake Pass closed both ways due to snow between Hurst Road and Ladybower Reservoir , in Glossop

Last updated: 20th January 2010 at 08:52, started: 17th January 2010

Thats been updated half an hour ago, been closed again?

There was a forecast for snow today; maybe it's already arrived in the High Peak.

It says started: 17th January 2010. If its been opened yesterday and then closed again today then it should say started: 20th January 2010, shouldn't it?

I can't see any mention of winnats pass on the BBC site though, so via Castleton is another option should you get to lady bower and find the snake closed.

Edited by waggy