Is the Snake Pass open? (From 15th Jan onwards)

It says started: 17th January 2010. If its been opened yesterday and then closed again today then it should say started: 20th January 2010, shouldn't it?

True, in which case perhaps they've not been informed yet - someone has to tell them the route is passable before they can update the website.

The Winnats Gate is definitely open, I came that way myself yesterday afternoon.

Cheers HeadingNorth, I've no need to fork out for train and tram tickets now :)

Came back from Manchester Airport over the Snake pass last night

about 9- 30pm No problem at all. Bit foggy at the top, plenty of snow

on the side of the road but, road was well gritted and clear.

That car has been there for weeks - it was there before Christmas.

It was there on boxing day, but the doors were closed and the windows were still intact. It wasn't going anywhere with the front wheel twisted in from going up the curb though.

It was there on boxing day, but the doors were closed and the windows were still intact. It wasn't going anywhere with the front wheel twisted in from going up the curb though.

It was there last nigt. Front door wide open.

If you read my post you'll note that I said it's open but still listed as closed on the websites. They just haven't updated yet for whatever reason it's still open.

can anybody confirm if the A57 snake pass road has re-opened as it has been taken off the bbc travel website. thanks

Threads merged.

Hi, re Snake Pass at Glossop end. Tried to go that way 9.30pm Monday 18 Jan and big red sign saying road closed - nightmare as then had to take A628 and took me ages to get to Dore. Can anyone tell me if it has re-opened, as it seems to be open one minute and then closed the next!! travelling again to Dore from Stockport tomorrow,:help: Friday evening 22 January and would love to know by 4.30pm if I can get through as if not will go A6 and through Castleton. Thanks :confused:

Hi, re Snake Pass at Glossop end. Tried to go that way 9.30pm Monday 18 Jan and big red sign saying road closed - nightmare as then had to take A628 and took me ages to get to Dore. Can anyone tell me if it has re-opened, as it seems to be open one minute and then closed the next!! travelling again to Dore from Stockport tomorrow,:help: Friday evening 22 January and would love to know by 4.30pm if I can get through as if not will go A6 and through Castleton. Thanks :confused:

It's open. It re-opened yesterday I think but they announced it on look Leeds this morning and Toby Foster did a bit on the Snake Inn this morning on his show. Equally Winnat's is fine (although the road is a bit narrower in places due to banks of snow).

FYI There have been queues on the A6 towards Disley way in the evening going back to the Whaley r/a. Not sure why.

Thanks you are a star glossop end of Snake Pass is only 15 mins from me and is so much quicker if open and only takes me 40mins door to Dore (excuse the punn!!) depending on time of day. Came back Tuesday night through A625 etc A6 took me 1hr 50mins but that was due to thick fog - could not even see 1ft in front of me!!! Diane :roll: