Anyone go to tapton school in the 80s/early 90s

Is Mr Bradshaw still around i wonder? I went to Tapton and left in 83.

What about Mrs Nimmo (sewing), and I'm trying to remember a geography teacher i had who would go to the back of the classroom open the fire door and have a crafty fag . Also trying to remember a history teachers name think it began with s , he was probably in his late 20s when i was there and if he caught you looking out of the window he would make you stand on your chair the rest of the lesson. but i thought he was a great teacher i really loved history and still do

Its Taptons 50th Anniversary this year and there is a reuinion type event planned for March/April I think. I can't put my hands on the date at this moment, but I'll post it in the next few days. You can always phone the school for details.

THE 50TH REUNION IS ON THE 27TH OF MARCH 2010 TIME 2PM till 4PM and then 7PM till 11PM Mr Hook one of the old teachers has put it on friends reunited .

Is Mr Bradshaw still around i wonder? I went to Tapton and left in 83.

my mum and dad still live nearby and see him around

I was at Tapton from 83 to 89.

Yeah Mr Reid would always get into tantrums.

Can't remember my form teacher, but I was learning woodwork from Mr Hook and never forget I left the chuck key in one over the upright drills and nearly killed someone when I turned it on!

Mr King was a good teacher too, sad when I heard he had passed away.

Mr Jackson - Head of 6th form

Mr Speed - Top Headmaster and geography teacher

Mr Mantle and "Felix" his big stick. Laughed my head off when he was bollocked for leaving the kids too roam around London whilst he went and watched the tennis at wimbledon!

No, was on the higher echalons of Darwin Lane at King Edwards BUT, at the same time as you. Tell me, did you go to Tapton from Lydgate? If so, I may know you.

I went to Tapton in 1981 - 1983 from Lydgate. Then moved to Wales High for rest of education till 1986. Remember most of teachers mentioned.

anyone remember

mr reid (german) always jumping on the desks and doing ape impressions

evading the dinner ladies to sneak out of school through the woods at dinnertime

pe lessons spent 10 pin bowling at superbowl

evil mrs allott (english)

mr fay (maths) always wearing sandals and garish socks

mr boardman (physics) complete weirdo

mr broadhurst (economics) one of the first cyclists to get his wheel stuck in the supertram tracks and go over the handlebars of his bike

I was in Mr Reids class back in 1979 , he was a loony running round the classroom doing the chicken or something stupid, enjoyed my time at tapton although when i was there you wouldn't have been able to tell, Mr May i remember well (deputy head ) after having the cane so many times from him...good days.

Remember most of these teachers including physics teacher Mr grease ball and boycotting biology over vivisection and getting called into Mr Jackson office and messing in German we wrote Mrs Bow Cow on blackboard we all got detention hated sports did use to run before I knew I'd got tendonitis got into trouble chasing two lads still remember them and their names into boys lavs lower building got caught by dinner lady anyone remember other pupils I got told a lot of us have passed on I was so loopy and too damn serious think I aged in reverse I left in 1988/89.

anyone remember

Well there's nothing weird about that at all...

looking for girl called Emma Wilson 

On 14/01/2010 at 07:56, S10er said:

anyone remember

evading the dinner ladies to sneak out of school through the woods at dinnertime

pe lessons spent 10 pin bowling at superbowl

evil mrs allott (english)

mr fay (maths) always wearing sandals and garish socks

mr boardman (physics) complete weirdo

mr broadhurst (economics) one of the first cyclists to get his wheel stuck in the supertram tracks and go over the handlebars of his bike

Yes I remember Mr Reid, he certainly got our attention. Not quite sure what started down that route