Anyone go to tapton school in the 80s/early 90s

anyone remember

mr reid (german) always jumping on the desks and doing ape impressions

evading the dinner ladies to sneak out of school through the woods at dinnertime

pe lessons spent 10 pin bowling at superbowl

evil mrs allott (english)

mr fay (maths) always wearing sandals and garish socks

mr boardman (physics) complete weirdo

mr broadhurst (economics) one of the first cyclists to get his wheel stuck in the supertram tracks and go over the handlebars of his bike

No, was on the higher echalons of Darwin Lane at King Edwards BUT, at the same time as you. Tell me, did you go to Tapton from Lydgate? If so, I may know you.

echAlons :confused: didn't they bother teaching spelling up there?

no wasn't at lydgate

You think THATs bad, you should see my maths!!!

PS..how do you spell it then, if it is not 'echalons?'

Yes, I was at Tapton from 1983 to 1989 (I think), I'm sure Mrs Allott was my form teacher as well.

Do you remember Mr Hook who always had colour coded glasses on to match his shirts? I only ever wagged it once and he caught me!

And Mrs Nimmo - everyone in the place was scared of her but she was Ok really.

hi i went to Tapton for 2 years via Hallam and left for Coventry in '83.

Can't say i enjoyed it,but then again compared with the last 25 years living in Coventry ................!!! (just a joke !!)

Edited by Sheffreject
n/a

Do you remember Mr Hook who always had colour coded glasses on to match his shirts? I only ever wagged it once and he caught me!

Yes remember him as the CDT teacher with bright 80s pin stripped shirts with matching glasses and ties :hihi:

Do you remember the other CDT teachers?

the one who worked in the top CDT room doing electrics/metal work who when in his 50s left his wife to run off with a girl from the sixth form. Rumour was that they went to australia.

also Mr Walker who had the middle CDT classroom (wood work), ran the duke of edinburgh award scheme and behaved like frank spencer. He drove a VW camper van.

I went to Tapton 77 -82 Mr hook was my form teacher, I had a e-mail from him the other day on my facebook inviting me to a reunion. Other teachers i remember are Miss Hart (RE) , Miss Tucker (ENGLISH) , Miss Taylor , Mr King (ART)

I went to Tapton 86-92.

Mr King is dead now.

I can remember the stupid aussie art teacher who everyone locked in the cupboard, Mr Bradshaw (French) who was seeing Mrs Finch.

Mr Mantle the ******** PE teacher.

Mr Gofton and the head Mr Speed, who only managed to find the way out of his office once a year.

I went to Tapton 86-92.

Mr King is dead now.

I can remember the stupid aussie art teacher who everyone locked in the cupboard, Mr Bradshaw (French) who was seeing Mrs Finch.

Mr Mantle the ******** PE teacher.

Mr Gofton and the head Mr Speed, who only managed to find the way out of his office once a year.

No, but I went to King Teds, '86 - '92....did you go from Lydgate per chance?