Choosing a name for a baby girl

Valentine is a beautiful girls name. or tulula!

lol

prefer Alexandra! think thats a great name lol

alex or ali for short

My elsest is 14 and is called Jack Daniel, no not because its my fav drink but just because I liked the name. Our middle one who 10 is Heather Laura, not sure where Heather came from, but Laura is a middle name that has been given to the first girl of each generation in my family. Then our newest addition who is just 7months is Phoebe Cate. She was going to be Lily Mai through most of my pregnancy, but then it seemed to get popular. With all of mine I have had a list of names, but when they arrive they dont seem to suit any name you have picked. Good luck anyway and let us know what you choose..

what about charlie i think that is a good name for a girl unusual but good all the same

:thumbsup:

I teach kids so I thought I'd throw you some names of the under 10's, in no particular order: lois, laura, amy, charlotte, emeila, bronte, abigail, megan, maddy, chloe, hannah, katie, melissa, morgan, courtney.

My friend had her baby last week and called her Kya.

Girls names I really like are as follows:

Emma

Harriet

Clara

Grace

Good luck

It's funny how names move in and out of fashion isn't it?

My paternal grandmother was called Lucy (she would have been 105 had she still been alive) and my maternal grandmothers name is Lily. I like the name Lily, but gran hates it :confused:

It's funny though, no matter what names you think of, when you see your baby for the first time, you think of another totally different name.

When I was pregnant, my daughter was going to be called Danielle, but when she was born she was a Julia. Julia Elaine (diminutive of Helen) Marie (name ran in 1st husbands family).

So her initials are: JEMM - quite appropriate because she'd my little GEM - she'll be so embarassed when she reads this!

when i was pregnant my daughter (5yrs) was going to be called India but when she was born we changed the name to Ocean. At first some ppl thought it was a bit strange but now everyone thinks its lovely and suits her cos she is one of a kind.

I really like the name Aisling (pronounced Ashling).

Also like Grace, Eloise, Alicia (Alyssia, not Aleesha), Imogen.

I know a little girl called Remy.

Although I've a few years yet before deciding all this.

Good luck choosing and let us know what you decide :)

Hmmm...I like unusual names, too, but wold like to add two things from personal experience.

1. If the name is too unusual, she will spend her entire life answering the question 'how do you spell that', send certificates, passports, bank account applications etc. back because they've been misspelt and are therefore illegal, accept mail with spellings that look however remotely connected to her name, and will probably arrive at a point here, when people ask her how it's pronounced, she'll go: oh, any which way, take your pick, I answer to most things'.

2. I would have loved a name or a middle name I could have passed for a boy's name - I was such a tom-boy and had great fun not telling strangers I was a girl. My name gave it away.

Therefore...Kerry or Robin :)

ive got a Ruby (13) when she was born everyone thought we had cursed her with a crap name, she is now ubercool, we have a Lily, (11), we call her Lil, shout it in morrisons and watch the old dears spin round , its funny!!, If we had another daughter we would name her Dorothy, Dotty .... its a great name, madelaine is my eldests second name, and we have a Florence and a Celeste as second name too, its very important to imagine yourself shouting the name in a supermarket ...... or imagine the doctors receptionist calling out the name, if it makes people look, its good.... you never forget a good name, it has to go with the surname though. best of luck

Hettie, Verity, Felicity, Fay, Freya,Grace,Matilda, Joy,Imogen, Francine, April, Lettuce was a victorian name , honest... have a boy and call him Spike... i have 3 wonderfull daughters and would love a son called Spike....

Originally posted by gorgon

Lettuce was a victorian name , honest...

There was a lady in waiting to (IIRC) queen elizabeth I, called Lettice Knollys.

The name Lettice/ Lettuce/ laetitia/ Leticia/ Laeticia (perm any spelling !) means "joyful".

PT