Choosing a name for a baby girl

Some Victorian girls' names are very pretty and would work well today. Isabella, Sophie, Charlotte and Victoria are all lovely, I think. Also Lucy and Joanna.

For more modern names Kira and Courtney are nice, but unfortunately they seem to have been taken over by the chavs! :(

StarSparkle

Grace, Mary, Georgina, Charlotte or Elizabeth is a lovely first name

A friend of mine called her daughter Brogan (i'd never heard of it before). I also knew someone called Grainne

Some other more slightly unusual names - Mercedes, Paris, Vienna, Greer, Zandra, Morgan, Calista, Carmen

I like the name Lola.

Don't think they'd be too impressed about being named after a transvestite in a Kinks song though :)

Mia (Miah) Elizabeth sounds nice......or Caitlin Elizabeth.....I like the differant but 'non Chav' names so if I was expecting a girl I like the above!

Good Luck in the choice of your name :thumbsup:

Originally posted by viking

By the time your little girl starts school, these "British" names will fit in nicely:

Sabihah: (Beautiful, Graceful)

Aafia: ( Good, healthy)

Fahimda: (Intelligent, wise)

Dhakigah: (Bright, Intelligent) :thumbsup:

Saxon? Norse? What are these? Phonetic pronunciation?

My daughter's middle name is Roisin (pronounced 'Ro-Sheen'), which is Irish Gaelic for 'Rose'. I like unusual names. :)

We had a shortlist of around 5 or 6 girls names....Bethany was the fave. But when our daughter was born it just didnt feel right so we chose a completely different name.....one not even on our shortlist. I think having a list is a good idea but if i was you i wouldn't pick a name and stick to it no matter what. See how you feel when your child is born......it paid off for us.

Originally posted by sugarnspice

My 11 month old is Lily Rose and if I ever went on to have any more baby girls I would probably contine the floral theme and have a Daisy or a Poppy, Fern or Holly etc.

Poppy! That's my 83yr old mother's name! Hannah was my late grandma's name. My daughter is called Jenny (not Jennifer). I can recommend any one of these three names!

PS. Mum was called Poppy because she was born on 11 November (Poppy Day). She hates her name though, as for her generation it is so unusual. Once, on her birthday, she was having her annual rant about her name, and cursing her parents for calling her Poppy, when a mate of mine said that he thought she should be very grateful to her parents - after all, they could have called her Armistice instead! :hihi:

I always Liked Madeline or Maddie for short . I was going to call my eldest Hope but ended up naming her after a relative, old but it suits her . I like Lydia too and poppy or Masie .

love PW xx

Our first daughter was Anastasia Louise.

Our next daughter will be Eloise Rose.

I love the name Skye for a little girl :)