Black ice - whoooa

I can not believe how bad it is, our little car park thing is really bad. I have to take my son to nursery today but maybe ill get a bus instead of trying to drive. My partner did say all the main roads are clear though.

Same goes for the footpaths along Abbeydale and London rd. It's one long sneaky ice rink. I'm liking the sock over the shoes idea. I might adopt it for the journey home.

Some schools are opening at 11am due to conditions. Check if you have kids (though as far as I'm aware they aren't turning kids away if they've already set off obviously!!)

People of Sheffield!

Want to go ice skating?

No need to visit iceSheffield! Just use the handily placed pavements available at your door!

My son is now back home, he set off for school at 7.30 and phoned me to say he was really scared and had nearly fallen loads of times, as he has got a long walk to get to bus stop I told him to turn and come back home, guess what he fell on the way back, he has cut his knee and grazed all his hand.

I phoned school and told them I felt it was to dangerous to try and let him walk again and that he wouldn't be at school today.

This is in Heeley area heading towards Abbeydale Road.

I think theres a problem at Gleadless town end.

Someone at work just said the Police were stopping drivers around the town end area.

Looking at the traffic cam there seems to be 2 fire engines and a bus blocking the road off outside sainsburys at town end.

just had another look at the cam and its turned round and just shows traffic built up going out of town at gleadless.

Cam 12 just spun round, 2 fire engines, 2 police cars and a bus sitting at a funny angle in the road.

I'd hope schools are going to let parents make up their own minds wether to let their children travel and not do anything if they choose to keep them off. This ice is a whole lot more dangerous. It's fine for people on schools doorsteps but some kids/parents have some awful routes to travel

Just seem some bloke trying to get up the hill outside my house in first gear, well, actually, I think most people were woken up by the noise!! I would have helped had it not woke me up in the first place. I just wanted to shout TRY SECOND GEAR but decided against it as he looked fairly pee'd off!

Does anyone know what Ecclesall Road is like at the minute?

Opened front door ... one step ..... keys to the left ... bag to the right ... me in the air!

Classic 'Tom & Jerry' moment.

After picking myself up I had to spend 15 minutes hunting for the keys in the snow.

Westways school (Crookes/Walkley) is closed today due to "severe black ice". When I looked out of the window this morning I thought the road was wet and that it must have been raining but I'm now listening to my neighbours trying to drive up the road.....and failing.