Black ice - whoooa

Yep...I decided not to take out the 4X4 after a whole can of de-icer had ZERO effect on the inch thick ice on my windscreen, and after I noted 2 other 4X4's abandoned at strange angles........common sense prevailed:)

I thought you could go anywhere in a correctly driven 4x4? :hihi:

Its a nightmare in S6. People slipping and sliding all over the place. Trouble is you cant see black ice can you ? :gag:

Yep...I decided not to take out the 4X4 after a whole can of de-icer had ZERO effect on the inch thick ice on my windscreen, and after I noted 2 other 4X4's abandoned at strange angles........common sense prevailed:)

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?p=5753961#post5753961

post #477 :hihi:

s13 very bad.too

yes it was very bad this morn it took me an hour and 10 mins to take my son to school a walk that usually takes around 15 to 20 mins.:(

I thought i'd be ok getting home at 4pm today, now reading this, i'm starting to worry..... :( I thought it would've thawed a bit by then !!

It must be thawing a bit. All the snow has just fell off my roof. I'm glad I wasn't stood outside.

I thought i'd be ok getting home at 4pm today, now reading this, i'm starting to worry..... :( I thought it would've thawed a bit by then !!

Pauline a good tip on Radio Sheffield (and on SF) this morning to stop you slipping, is to put socks OVER your shoes or boots. According to a member on here it really works.

I couldn't even use my car earlier, completely covered in ice, had to walk to the shop for de-icer but would have been better off using ice-skates. Side roads around Elm Lane still have black ice so be careful around there!

Its good to watch, if your a sadistic sort. We live at Hill Top and its just like glass.

Ironically the kids are wanting to watch a re run of dancing on ice on I player!

Question Dronfielder, are the 293 and 43 buses still running up your way or are they just going on the main road?

Is it really still bad? I would've thought it would've warmed up by now and the ice had melted.

Not quite the death trap it was this morning but still slippy.

This cloud cover has trapped in all the cold air.