Black ice - whoooa

It took me 25 mins to de-ice my car, even with the help of antifreeze and a scraper. I only took my car as too dangerous to push the buggy downhill to childminder. I put the electric windows down to clear the ice and the sheet of ice just stayed put!!

To the lady doing the bambi impersonation in town, I hope you didn't hurt yourself. I have three steps from my front door, there were completely iced over this morning, very scary.

Had to get daughter to Norton for her exam this morning, took the long route round on the main roads to make sure I could get there.

Standing room only in Northern General A&E Waiting Area...

Standing room only in Northern General A&E Waiting Area...

Lets hope there aren’t any broken ankles or legs then. :D

Is it really still bad? I would've thought it would've warmed up by now and the ice had melted.

Wow, sounds like I picked a good day to work from home and get some furniture delivered! Think staying in is the best option... Anyone know if we are expecting similar things tomorrow?

Lets hope there aren’t any broken ankles or legs then. :D

Quite......

Still very icy up in Gleadless. I was very relieved to get a call telling me not to go into work as I don't particularly like driving in snow and ice. I have done a lot of driving in it in the past but drivers over here are mad and they worry me more than anything. The cars are still racing along our road so I shan't be surprised when the inevitable ambulance turns up! Skidding on ice is no fun either so avoid if you can help it. Keep safe everyone!

nether edge is a total nightmare with the ice, does anybody know if that poor fellow (under a ton of quilts)at the bottom of sheldon road has been moved yet?

Stannington is a skating rink.Accidents all over.Do not go out unless absolutely got too.

Yep...I decided not to take out the 4X4 after a whole can of de-icer had ZERO effect on the inch thick ice on my windscreen, and after I noted 2 other 4X4's abandoned at strange angles........common sense prevailed:)

in s2 quarter way up gleadless road and same promblem here it is just full of ice can see it on top of the snow top tip if you must go out put on a pair of old socks over your boots does not look great but does the job

Are the bin men managing? Any collections in S10? Should I get my skates on and bring the bin back in again?