Black ice - whoooa

The pavements and roads in Hunters Bar are covered with black ice. The road looks clear from snow and ice but it is totally sllippy!

So please everyone watch out for the black ice :o don't want any accidents pls

Don't know what the rest of Sheffield is like tho.

Cheers Star - Ill bear that in mind - hopefully it will have thawed by time i leave work!

S35 the same. Our path is lethal despite being cleared and gritted so careful does it this morning.

Omg! Never seen it this bad. I lve in s20 and the road and pavements are deathly. Think I might tram and train it today.

It was raining in the city centre just before midnight. I wonder if it's done the same where you are and it's that that's frozen?

The pavements are good compared to the roads! I've just taken the dog out and fell twice when trying to cross the roads. I ended up crawling on all fours to get over one :lol: Thank goodness it was dark and none could see me :suspect:

Also S11 / Greystones / Ringinglow / Bentsgreen

Watch out!

Just passed through on a bicycle. Crying.

be very careful. It rained earlier in the night and then started freezing at one or two o'clock. I drove from Gleadless to ringinglow and then to hillsborough. The roads where not gritted are leathal. Ringinglow road was icy from eccy rd and it is black ice. You can feel it but you can't see it.

Downhill - 2nd gear and hardly on the brakes at all, if you start to skid get off the brakes and try to use the accelerator / gears to control the speed.

Uphill very gentle on the accelerator and if the wheel start to sping ease off the accellerator. It's like the reverse of gentle acceleration.

Best stay off the roads unless you really know how to drive. If you loose it downhill on ice your car can become a pin-ball and just bouce its way off other cars till it hits something that stops it.

It's a bit counter intuitive. If you rev the engine when your wheels are spinning consider yourself a novice.

BE very carefull peeps

The pavements and roads in Hunters Bar are covered with black ice. The road looks clear from snow and ice but it is totally sllippy!

So please everyone watch out for the black ice :o don't want any accidents pls

Don't know what the rest of Sheffield is like tho.

we live at wadsley and our daughter stepped out to go to work and slipped falling down our steps. BE CAREFUL today its black ice everywhere, like you said the roads and paths look clear but its lethal.

Edited by ericsean
typo

Same in Walkley. They gritted my road yesterday and actually that has made it much worse. It was an ice-rink yesterday. Impossible to walk or drive on it.

van slipped off road at the top of rydalhurst avenue. side roads are so bad i wouldnt go out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! police have been informed

Stay off Walkley Bank Road for the next few hours! Just seen a car jack knife with others skating, mine included. Pavements are as bad too, stay away!!