Lorry hits parked car on Crookes side road and drives off!

The lorry belonged to a well known Sheffield company. The driver hit the parked car. The driver's mate got out to to check the damage (smashed wing mirror and nasty scrape down o/s wing). Driver's mate looked to see if anyone had seen the collision, decided that they were in the clear, got back in the lorry, and they drove off.

Driver's mate was wrong. My team and I saw the whole thing from above street level where we are installing a dormer window! I did the right thing and gave the details of the lorry to the car owner.

Why don't people like this just come clean? how would they react if the same thing had happened to their car? Would you have driven off, or held your hand up?

Well done, you should have reported them to the police as well for leaving the scene of an accident.

I once followed a lorry up the main road near where I live. The back left hand side door was just swinging open and shut. I kept flashing my lights but he didnt notice. Got to the top of the hill and the swinging door took the wing mirrors off 5 parked cars. I wrote down his reg no and the name of the company and put it on the windscreens of all the cars. Looking back maybe I shouldve informed the police, but thought Id done the right thing at the time.

A bus has scraped my dads car too, last weekend, and he just drove off. Luckily when my dad got in his car, someone saw it and left a note explaining it was a bus, however the note said, the license plate was too covered in mud/dust to jot down.

Yeah, perhaps I should have called the police. It didn't occur to me at the time. I think I was more concerned about informing the car owner about who had done it. I know how upset I would have been if it had happened to my car. If I had done the same thing to someone and not owned up, I wouldn't be able to live with myself.

"Dear Sir. I have collided with your parked car. I am writing this note and will leave it under your wiper. There were several witnesses. They think I am leaving you my name and address. They are wrong."

Sorrry, old joke.

It's not too late to let the company know that they are employing untrustworthy people.

Why don't people like this just come clean? how would they react if the same thing had happened to their car? Would you have driven off, or held your hand up?

I would definitely ring the company too and tell them what you saw in case they try to deny it when the car owner gets in touch. But well done for taking his details in the first place.

Edited by irenewilde

They will get away with it because they only have to deny that this happened. Several cars on our street were damaged one day when a school bus driver (who shouldn't have been going up there anyway) allowed kids to hang out of the door and aim kicks at all the car mirrors. The bus company just denied it ever happened. This despite my neighbour's daughter who was on the bus saying how scared she'd been when the driver let these lads do this. All we got was abuse from the bus company.

The lorry belonged to a well known Sheffield company. The driver hit the parked car. The driver's mate got out to to check the damage (smashed wing mirror and nasty scrape down o/s wing). Driver's mate looked to see if anyone had seen the collision, decided that they were in the clear, got back in the lorry, and they drove off.

Driver's mate was wrong. My team and I saw the whole thing from above street level where we are installing a dormer window! I did the right thing and gave the details of the lorry to the car owner.

Where in Crookes was this?

Where in Crookes was this?

It was near the top end of Heavygate Road.

They will get away with it because they only have to deny that this happened. Several cars on our street were damaged one day when a school bus driver (who shouldn't have been going up there anyway) allowed kids to hang out of the door and aim kicks at all the car mirrors. The bus company just denied it ever happened. This despite my neighbour's daughter who was on the bus saying how scared she'd been when the driver let these lads do this. All we got was abuse from the bus company.

They wouldn't be able to deny it if witnesses came forward.

I have received PM's asking me to name the company that the lorry belongs to. I'm not sure if I should name the company or not, as it was down to the driver, not the company. :help: