Freedom 13-17 club nights

Hi all,

Does anyones kids go to the Freedom club nights?

My son is 13 soon and Ive told him he'll be allowed to go as my friends daughter goes and theyve always said the security etc is excellent.

However, Ive had an email newsletter from Freedom and one of the things advertised for the next event is 'Sexy devil dancers'. I just wondered if anyone else thinks this sounds slightly inappropriate for an only-just-13 year old. After all theres an awful lot of difference between a 17 year old and a 13 year old.

Im probably being over-protective but if anyone elses kids go Id appreciate their feedback.

Hi all,

My son is 13 soon and Ive told him he'll be allowed to go as my friends daughter goes and theyve always said the security etc is excellent.

However, Ive had an email newsletter from Freedom and one of the things advertised for the next event is 'Sexy devil dancers'. I just wondered if anyone else thinks this sounds slightly inappropriate for an only-just-13 year old. After all theres an awful lot of difference between a 17 year old and a 13 year old.

Im probably being over-protective but if anyone elses kids go Id appreciate their feedback.

It's a tough choice nikki. I have three teenagers myself. I had to bight the bullet and let them go to these nights against my better judgement. I decided that anything that goes on in these places is no different to anything that goes on in school or when they are out with their mates in general, but with added security. It's best to trust your son, you will gain much more respect from him than if you were to hold him back.

Hi all,

I wouldn't imagine that the dancers will be any worse than many of the things your lad will have seen on television Nikki and I doubt there'll be any nudity involved. I reckon Viney40 has it about right on this one.

It's a tough choice nikki. I have three teenagers myself. I had to bight the bullet and let them go to these nights against my better judgement. I decided that anything that goes on in these places is no different to anything that goes on in school or when they are out with their mates in general, but with added security. It's best to trust your son, you will gain much more respect from him than if you were to hold him back.

Thanks Viney, i know youre right. It was just the 'sexy' thing that threw me, especially as he still looks away when Homer and Marge kiss on the Simpsons (although maybe thats for my benefit lol). Its hard to know what to do when its your first.

I wouldn't imagine that the dancers will be any worse than many of the things your lad will have seen on television Nikki and I doubt there'll be any nudity involved. I reckon Viney40 has it about right on this one.

Thank you Halibut, you and viney are so right, it just doesnt seem two minutes since he was 3, never mind 13....x

Thanks Viney, i know youre right. It was just the 'sexy' thing that threw me, especially as he still looks away when Homer and Marge kiss on the Simpsons (although maybe thats for my benefit lol). Its hard to know what to do when its your first.

It doesn't get any easier when it's your third.:(

Let him enjoy himself, he'll be fine. :thumbsup:

NIkki

I can assure you that there is nothing inappropiate at the Freedom night, I have dj'd the night on many times (i am not at the next one though) and it is a very professionally run event with a lot of consideration for the age of the audience.

If you have any concerns please post them on here, or if you prefer, pm me and i will be more than happy to answer your questions.

The vast majority of the crowd are under 16 i have found at this event.

NIkki

I can assure you that there is nothing inappropiate at the Freedom night, I have dj'd the night on many times (i am not at the next one though) and it is a very professionally run event with a lot of consideration for the age of the audience.

If you have any concerns please post them on here, or if you prefer, pm me and i will be more than happy to answer your questions.

The vast majority of the crowd are under 16 i have found at this event.

Thank you for that. Id had no concerns at all up until the latest newsletter, and everyone I know whos kids have been have given it a really good report.

Maybe the advertisers should think about phrasing things slightly differently though, because if the 'sexy dancers' thing put me off then Im sure it will have other parents.

My Daughter went to one a few months ago, I think it was called Hollyoaks Hotties night or something like that! I let her go but she refused to let me try and pass for a 17 year old lol. You will be sat watching the clock and wishing it to be 10 o clock so you can go and pick him up if you're anything like me!

My daughter has been and I worried sick. I picked her up afterwards and wasn't overjoyed at the gangs hanging outside and tiny clothes some of the young girls were wearing. That said, this is the culture they are growing up around nowadays and we can't protect them forever. Although I'm still not keen on it, I would let her go I think if she wanted to go again.

My daughter and her friends have been to one of these nights..

I must admit I was a little worried about it, but when she came home and told me about all the security checks they do - breathalyse, check bags etc etc, it did put my mind at rest a bit more..

I'd let her go again no problem.. :)

Thank you for all your replies, I feel loads better about letting him go now.