Lions Lair - The Little Gem of Sheffield

In the past 18 months or so, Lions Lair has come on leaps and bounds and is now known to be one of the hot spots on Sheffield's clubbing scene.

Its late opening hours are a huge selling point for the people of Sheffield who want to party right through until the early hours. Lions Lair also has a great atmosphere when a night is in full swing and with the kit they have of lazers, strobes and smoke put that added touch that makes it an awesome moment when a big tune hit its climax. The sound system they have is also top notch and with the low celings makes the quality of the sound just amazing.

I really do think that Lions Lair has become "the little gem of Sheffield" and even though the capacity is only quite small, it is starting to become really well known on Sheffield's clubbing scene as a top place for clubbers to party hard right through until the sun comes up.

Edited by happyhippy
removed excessive formatting

You are joking rite, if go in at 9pm or any earlier its totally dead, the music all night is garbage & so if gay & want to go out for the night you have to go to STRAIGHT BARS till 12am before theres a decent crowd in any of the gay bars nowadays.

Lions Lair used to be good then got all studenty and now a slight makeover & its killed of its client with naff music We/i want chart/pop/dance or even some cheesey music or iam just part of the dying bread who likes a mixture of music. Last time i went in i finished pint & left asa the more or less dead bar for a straight bar.

I used to like the Lair but its changed too much loved it in summer in the beer garden in an afternoon or early evening, but now THXS BUT i'll sadly stick to straight bars or manchester

Sanctuary, Quarter, Lounge, Players, Static, Lions, Speedqueen.

Sanctuary closed, Quarter Closed, No residency at Speedqueen as it stopped running, Players and Static for a week.

Offered more money when Sanctuary opened and went running there, basically wherever is paying your wages is flavour of the month!

Sorry but constant self promotion of what clearly isn't the greatest thing to hit Sheffield is getting a bit tiring, even Robofunk were DJ's hired by Lions Lair when you were still at Sanctuary. Edwin, Ty and Rich Williams were all playing there way before Robofunk started!

I'll be playing at SIN which is Sanctuary's hottest NEW Thursday night.

Come join me as I mix up the very best of funky sexy house & electro from 9pm - 1am.

If you haven't already been to Sanctuary then come down this week and check it out. Its a really cracking venue which is becoming increasingly popular every week.

Hope to see you there folks!!! :)

John x

Hey folks

I've just added the pic's to my website from the following events:

♥ Rah Rah Rah After Party 9th January @ Sanctuary

http://www.djjohndixon.com/photos.php?id=62

♥ After Party 16th January @ Sanctuary

http://www.djjohndixon.com/photos.php?id=63

Sorry its taken so long to put them on...I've been a very busy bee + I've been really ill as of late, which doesn't help lol.

Make sure you have a good browse through cus you may well have been snapped!!!

Much Love!!!

John x

A BIG THANK YOU to all of you who came to party @ Dirty Funk on Halloween...what a fantastic night!!!

Check out the photos on my website http://www.djjohndixon.com cus you may well have been snapped!!!

Much Love :)

John Dixon

If your looking for a place to spend your Sunday evenings then come down to Lounge on Glossop Road (Top of West Street).

Its simple...

When you buy a drink at the bar, you get a free shot, its also £2 for vodka red bulls too.

Expect to hear the very best of funky sexy house music mixed by myself (JOHN DIXON) from 8pm - 12am...make sure you bring you dancing shoes if you feel like a boogie;)

Hope to see you there folks!!!

John Dixon x

THE QUARTER BAR REOPENS ITS DOORS ON FRIDAY 19TH SEPT

The Quarter Bar having been taken over by new management is set to be one of Sheffields top bars and restaurants and venue for the best house, garage, r&b and electro sensual mix.

The Quarter Bar is located on North Church Street. Behind The Cathedral just off Campo Lane.

Having 2 of sheffields top up and coming dj"s

JOHN DIXON ( Hed Kandi and Speed Queen)

Resident House DJ Playing Friday and Saturday

from 8pm - 2am

http://www.djjohndixon.com

MARK ANTONY( Sheffield Live Primetime Radio 93.2fm )

Resident House DJ playing every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday

from 8pm - 2am

!!!

Am I reading this thread correctly :huh:

Apparently so,

I really do think that Lions Lair has become "the little gem of Sheffield" and even though the capacity is only quite small,

it must have got smaller recently as its the same 8 people on all the pics too!

IMO

Saying the music is garbage is making a wild assumption that no-one enjoys it. You may think it's garbage and thats fine, you're entitled to your opinion, but just because you think it's garbage not everyone else will.

I agree it's normally quiet until around midnight, but as you pointed out that's pretty much the same with all the gay venues in Sheffield. As with a lot of venues it has peaks and troughs, but I've always enjoyed a night at Lions.

I think Lions deserves credit for what they have managed to achieve. I'll freely admit, there is room for improvement and a few issues that need looking at, but on the whole I think they are doing all they can to make the best of Lions.

James - Nice to see that you're still the same OLD arrogant, bitter, nasty queen you always have been. :roll:

Jealousy is an terrible sin. Get over yourself mate.

You seem to have used far too much effort to try to discredit john. Leave the lad alone and grow up!

Well said Jen & Freefall.

Can't believe how much time James has taken to get quotes from John. John is a DJ and promoter and promoting he shall do...

Edited by Buttercup88

The place is rubbish.

Sheffield gay scene is total rubbish anyway, i would rather boil my head in a hot chip pan.

It should have remained the Yorkshiremans Arms, it was a nice little pub then, now it's just grotty

Sanctuary, Quarter, Lounge, Players, Static, Lions, Speedqueen.

Sanctuary closed, Quarter Closed, No residency at Speedqueen as it stopped running, Players and Static for a week.

Offered more money when Sanctuary opened and went running there, basically wherever is paying your wages is flavour of the month!

Sorry but constant self promotion of what clearly isn't the greatest thing to hit Sheffield is getting a bit tiring, even Robofunk were DJ's hired by Lions Lair when you were still at Sanctuary. Edwin, Ty and Rich Williams were all playing there way before Robofunk started!

Quote:

Originally Posted by johndixon

I'll be playing at SIN which is Sanctuary's hottest NEW Thursday night.

Come join me as I mix up the very best of funky sexy house & electro from 9pm - 1am.

If you haven't already been to Sanctuary then come down this week and check it out. Its a really cracking venue which is becoming increasingly popular every week.

John x

Quote:

Hey folks

I've just added the pic's to my website from the following events:

♥ Rah Rah Rah After Party 9th January @ Sanctuary

http://www.djjohndixon.com/photos.php?id=62

♥ After Party 16th January @ Sanctuary

http://www.djjohndixon.com/photos.php?id=63

Sorry its taken so long to put them on...I've been a very busy bee + I've been really ill as of late, which doesn't help lol.

Make sure you have a good browse through cus you may well have been snapped!!!

Much Love!!!

John x

Quote:

A BIG THANK YOU to all of you who came to party @ Dirty Funk on Halloween...what a fantastic night!!!

Check out the photos on my website http://www.djjohndixon.com cus you may well have been snapped!!!

Much Love

John Dixon

Quote:

If your looking for a place to spend your Sunday evenings then come down to Lounge on Glossop Road (Top of West Street).

Its simple...

When you buy a drink at the bar, you get a free shot, its also £2 for vodka red bulls too.

Expect to hear the very best of funky sexy house music mixed by myself (JOHN DIXON) from 8pm - 12am...make sure you bring you dancing shoes if you feel like a boogie

John Dixon x

Quote:

Originally Posted by carus9000

THE QUARTER BAR REOPENS ITS DOORS ON FRIDAY 19TH SEPT

The Quarter Bar having been taken over by new management is set to be one of Sheffields top bars and restaurants and venue for the best house, garage, r&b and electro sensual mix.

The Quarter Bar is located on North Church Street. Behind The Cathedral just off Campo Lane.

Having 2 of sheffields top up and coming dj"s

JOHN DIXON ( Hed Kandi and Speed Queen)

Resident House DJ Playing Friday and Saturday

from 8pm - 2am

http://www.djjohndixon.com

MARK ANTONY( Sheffield Live Primetime Radio 93.2fm )

Resident House DJ playing every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday

from 8pm - 2am!!!

WOW...You sure have done your research mate, I'm well impressed!!! ;)

Edited by johndixon

On the clubbing scene...I think that Lions is a top venue for dance music (electro, electro house and tech house). The after parties are always a hit and since I have taken Robofunk over to Lions Lair, it has done nothing but wonders for the night. *Every 2nd Saturday of the month*

Fair enough if your not into that type of music cus I know that not everyone is, but for this sort of side of the clubbing scene, Lions is a top venue, ticking all the right boxes...in my opinion!!! ;)

Edited by johndixon