Snow, What Snow?

I'm sat her at 2:30 in the morning coz it's too hot to sleep. I'm in may shorts and tee shirt at the other side of the world and it's in the 80's but chatting to the fellow Sheffielders I love.

I'm certainly not wishing to gloat though. I was very saddened to hear about the lady from Goldthorpe who was found frozen in her garden and the gentleman from Sheffield who appears to have died en-route to pick up his paper. This weather does bring communities together though so perhaps it's a blessing in disguise.

Anyway, if you've got a tent and can come here somehow, I've got a big enough garden. You'll have to pay you're own airfare and travel but you'd be more then welcome.

Camping in New Zealand maybe better advertised on a Welsh forum.

Camping in New Zealand maybe better advertised on a Welsh forum.

lol, very cleaver answer. Are you sure you're from Sheffield?

I used to live in New Zealand, don't remember it though because I was about 2 years old. My sister was born there in (can't spell it properly :)) Paraparaumu.

You did spell it properly. It's on the Kapiti Coast about 30 mins drive from Wellington. We had a holiday (long weekend really) there a couple of years ago. Nice place, lovely sandy beaches like from Skeggy to Ingoldmels but without the crowds.

My sister lives in Wellington NZ and loves it, she's always rubbing it in about the nice weather during our winter and in her winter she can go to the mountains and there is enough snow to ski :)

The only time I can go to visit her for a decent amount of time is during your winter so I'm hopefully going to go next year though I'm not looking forward to a year of two winters :lol: My parents are off there for a month in a few days.

She constantly has visitors over, so far she has had people staying with her since mid December, then my parents arrive and once they have gone my mate who is slowly going around the world drops into NZ for a month or so. It stops her feeling homesick though as you can't just nip back :lol:

My sister lives in Wellington NZ and loves it, she's always rubbing it in about the nice weather during our winter and in her winter she can go to the mountains and there is enough snow to ski :)

Yes, we are very lucky. Where we are we enjoy a better climate than Wellington. In fact, Wellington has a reputation for one of the worst climates in the country. I would say our winter is about on par with a Sheffield summer - baring to occasional heatwave of course. In winter, I could ski in the morning and play tennis in the afternoon, so yes, we are very lucky.

Yes, we are very lucky. Where we are we enjoy a better climate than Wellington. In fact, Wellington has a reputation for one of the worst climates in the country. I would say our winter is about on par with a Sheffield summer - baring to occasional heatwave of course. In winter, I could ski in the morning and play tennis in the afternoon, so yes, we are very lucky.

Dont you get fed up of searching for your ball in the snow?

Well, it's mignight and I'm lying here in my pants and T-shirt. I must go and turn the central heating off. If I catch any of you in my back garden there'll be trouble, tha knows...

----------------------------

Edited by craig9760

New Zealand.....where men are men....and sheep are nervous :hihi: