Freeview problems from the Crosspool transmitter

Is anyone having freeview problems from Crosspool transmitter? We lost some channels on Sunday,retuned the box, but could not receive ITV 3 and others on that mux. Retuned again yesterday,got those channels back, but some are freezing/jerky. Thanks.

Could be snow on your aerial, water in the cable, any number of reasons.

Yes we had trouble last night with Channel 4, Five, ITV2 and more. If we have a bad night of reception then it usually seems to be resolved the next day. Will try late on...

Aerial/cable not wet, got a big wideband aerial in loft, which has been ok up to now.

Yeah we've been having intermittent problems with those channels over the last couple of weeks - again, we've got our aerial nice and dry in the loft so unlikely to be a problem with that. I think they're monkeying around at the transmitter - most annoying!

Hello, I have lost all BBC channels & Film 4. All been ok for past 2 years, no signal when switched on this morning. It's a communal aerial in S14 and never any problems before - very odd.

If anyone has any suggestions, please help - can't be doing with GMTV 1st thing in mornings!

For info, I think I have finally found the answer to my no BBC channel woes:

Per ukfree.tv (quite good info site; have learned more than I'll ever need to know about Freeview and transmitters)

Looks like Emley Moor transmitter is undergoing engineering works. Hope they get a move on.

ive lost all the standard chanells from one to five and the 4+ one here in sheffield 6 ,my son further down the road has lost all chanells

-------------------------

Edited by craig9760

snow can cause the problem especially with an aerial in the loft,the snow sat on your roof will atenuate the signal,this is one of the reasons why loft installations are not recommended.

Back to square one. All channels gone (except CNN and the shopping ones) this morning. Rang Emley Moor and no works happening now. They said it could be ice on communal aerial.