Cheap car batteries where to buy

The problem with Halfords is they overcharge. For my car their own brand battery is £70 with a 3 year guarantee. I can get a decent branded one with 4 or 5 year warranty for less at Euro Car Parts.

I usually go to ECP, often they have batteries on some kinda offer as well.

I had one from the RAC 2 weeks ago, paid £90 and its comes with a 5 year guarantee.

Price all depends on the car. £90 could either be a really good price for a big 4x4 or a shockingly expensive price for a little 1 litre 3 door hatchback.

Halfords are ok if you have a trade card. You dont have to work in the trade to get a card, just be able to outwit Halfords staff (not difficult)

Euro car parts or Andrew Page,probably not a great deal of difference in price between them.

I've never like Andrew Page, it was never 'easy' at the one in Leeds I used so I stopped bothering.

As a customer, being able to find what I want, and pay or reserve it online to pick up in the local shop is amazing.

Trundling down to the local factor, spending ten minutes trying to tell the guy what I want - only to be told it's not in stock and I have to wait 3 days is not really what I'm after.

Hubby just replaced car battery ay SYBS. They are on Edmund Road. He highly recommends them. They are pleasant, polite and the price is not expensive.

Do you realise you replied to a thread that is over 5 years old?

I had a flat battery about 3 weeks ago and really panicked as the car was parked a short way from home facing up the hill so couldn't jump start. I managed to carry the thing back home to charge it, if I hadn't got it going again is there any place that deliver them?

Do you realise you replied to a thread that is over 5 years old?

Could be useful to the OP if they bought a cheap one five years ago.

They are probably looking for another one now.:)

---------- Post added 15-01-2015 at 00:35 ----------

I had a flat battery about 3 weeks ago and really panicked as the car was parked a short way from home facing up the hill so couldn't jump start. I managed to carry the thing back home to charge it, if I hadn't got it going again is there any place that deliver them?

http://www.alpha-batteries.co.uk

Bought mine from here. Next day delivery.