Has anyone else got this bug that's going round?

I got a runny nose, sneezin and itchy red eyes. I thought it was hayfever but the doc says it's an eye infection. I haven't worn makeup in weeks now and I'm constantly sniffing. Attractive!

Originally posted by RPG

I've got this too, been away from home and fine.

Came back to Sheffield to be greeted with a Sore Throat and Tiredness a few days later :(

Dont have much of an appitite either.

snap, when Rob loses his appetitie he knows he's in trouble;)

So it wasn't due worse then average produce from Sheffield kebab shops then ?

I thinkit must have been this bug I had a few days ago. Fever,shivering and hot and my temperature was rising rapicly up to 38.8C with aching limbs.

Since I just got back from Angola a three weeks ago I immediately suspected malaria and went into the response I have been taught.

I broke open the Malaria Survival Kit that the people I work for provide. The instructions are to start the course of medication immediately and then use the test kit included.

Luckily the test proved negative, but the medication which is the latest modern treatment knocked out the fever within 1 1/2 hours!

I was impressed with this. The medication (Coartem) contains a new drug...... well new to the west, but has been used in Chinese herbal medicine for many years as an anti fever treatment.

Maybe one of those Chinese medicine shops that hadve sprung up would be worth a visit for some treatment for this bug that's going round?

Alastair

seems unlikely that the drug (actually a combination of two) had any effect as it directly targets the malaria parasite Plasmodium falciparum.

So you think I probably had Malaria then?

I had it too - its a flu type thing - starts with aches pains then shivers then a heavy cold now on day 4 and tryin to shake it off ... I hope its not Bird FLu

Yes,I think my sons had it .Hes 39yrs and is usually very fit and healthy.Started with dry tickly throat,and just thought it was a cold starting.Then got all aching limbs for a full week,and sweating,thought it was sunstroke,as was during the hot weather.Then got a bad cough ,but just starting to clear uo now. Never had a cold for three weeks like this,He says lots of people have got it. What is it ? Is it a virus ?

Thank the lord, it isn't just me (although I'll have given it to my workmates now!). Mine started tuesday night, with a sore throat. A blocked nose ensued, followed by a rasping cough, and I broke out into a sweat whenever I did anything mildly stressful. It's just about sunday now, and I'm ok, apart from the cough and one blocked nostril.

The bubose seems to have receded as well. Looks like I'm indestuctible....

Hubby got something similar to this bug when we were in Egypt. He had 'tummy trouble' but also had painful stomach cramps for over a week. Not sure if it's the same thing, he could have caught it before we went away and maybe took a couple of days 'incubation'

But, I've not had anything so it's obviously not contagious (well, not the one he had anyway)!

Hubby got something similar to this bug when we were in Egypt. He had 'tummy trouble' but also had painful stomach cramps for over a week. Not sure if it's the same thing, he could have caught it before we went away and it maybe took a couple of days 'incubation'

But, I've not had anything so it's obviously not contagious (well, not the one he had anyway).

Guest bostonaire