Nah then folks, during the 60s..

Zakes, I get from your latest post that, these musings of yours are being written through the tears of clown?? That must be a very hard thing to live with.

Yes Memari well spotted. My mum hated me and I was scared of her, that's why i was always out and about. I loved my dad. Bless you lady.

What a thing to have had to live with, my heart goes out to you. I do hope this will not be the end of your musings, you have been bringing so much to so many people, and, in some ways it must be cathartic for you. I don't know what else to say, words cannot tell you how sorry i am.

Yes Memari well spotted. My mum hated me and I was scared of her, that's why i was always out and about. I loved my dad. Bless you lady.

You are well loved on this forum Zakes please keep sending us your story's.

If I see it is you on line I can't wait to click in.

Lynnielass did you go in the centre spot your name rings a bell with me

Yes I did!!

Zakes, just post an "Hello" let us know you are ok! thanks.

Memari Laine

hi we lived on gleadless valley in those days andmostly sundays a man used to come round overend rd,close,drive all the roads around there he didn't have a barror but a bike with a big cold box on the front and peddle round selling his wares it had walls plastered on the cold box when he cot so far round a big refridgerated van would turn up and restock his box. i think by that time more and more ice cream vans were coming round the best one everyone will agree selling taggy's cornish ice cream great stuff but that struck the begining of the end for the vans and them supermarkets came along with their huge selection of ice cream:confused:

bhunmnkoo,,gdffd

Lets all know what tha't onabout its a Forum.

Cousin Daphne. Edited version Re-mastered.

Creating waves whilst lying in the bath at home Zakes had a look of intent upon his cute, cheerful, cheeky cherubic face. The hot soothing Radox filled water was swaying forth and back at five hands high at it’s lowest, as he was thinking of his wayward cousin, Daphne.

The swipping and swapping of the water could be clearly heard, as the waves rose to become more violent as Zakes recalled those heady days of the last Autumn gone when Daphne had come to stay for a week. During the second night Daphne had crept into Zakes’ bedroom and had requested a cuddle. Zakes had been glad to have been of assistance because it had been ruddy well freezing in the room. One thing had led to another and before long Daphne had slid half way down under the bedclothes, and within within moments the confused 13 year old Zakes didn’t know whether he was coming or going. After a few minutes Zakes asked Daphne if she was alright down there, and warned her that things could get messy if she wasn’t careful. His cousiness told Zakes everything was okay and to stop talking gobbledegook, Zakes responded by telling her it was bad manners to talk with her mouth full.

After the waves had died down, the almost breathless Zakes climbed from the bath then dried himself with a fluffy green towel. He didn’t like what he saw in the full length wall mirror and quickly dressed after powdering himself. Reaching for the cupboard like canister of Vim, Zakes speedily scrubbed the bath clean of it’s tide mark, and also made sure not to leave any evidence of his enjoyment.

Warmly wrapped up, Zakes left the family home at Newstead Rise and took the decision to have a gander around the shops at Frecheville. It was snowing quite heavily, the flakes the size of half crowns. It was easy going as the snow lay round about shallow, soggy and odd, as opposed to that senseless wenseless carol. It was now coming up to the fourth week of December in the year 1967 and Christmas was just a few days away, and Christmas Day is the present day, and not just today.

Walking along Newstead Road, Zakes didn’t come across a robust man who didn’t rest upon his laurels, nor did he come across a grey haired old man. Approaching Frecheville shops Zakes also didn’t hear a woman calling his name and try to sell him her wares.

Arriving at Frechy, Zakes had a good look around all the shiny shops and met many people he knew, and everyone seemed to be looking forward to being visited by Santa in a few days time.

Peering through the window of the Butcher’s shop, Zakes saw nine Anatolian Norfolk Turkeys on display, and not only thought that they and cousin Daphne were good gobblers, but he also thought all ten of them within the next few days would want, and would get, a reight good stuffin’!

Dedicated to Sheffield’s best ever bricklayer. He’s ours, leave him alone.

So, who is the bricklayer?

'cuttsie' at a guess.