Will You Want To Use The Moor?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Will You Want To Use The Moor?

• Yes - I'll use The Moor during the development
    • Yes - I'll use The Moor after the development
    • No - I have no need to use The Moor during development
    • No - I have no need to use The Moor after development
    • Not Applicable - I never go there anyway

what will the council do with the land when castle market goes???? will they turn it in to a park???? or will the council sell the land for development?? The problem with that part of town isnt the building its the council and police seemingly lack of interest in that area why arent city centre ambassadors ever down there and why arent police more visibile?

Castle market is a much better building than what is proposed down the moor given a face lift it could become a destination

But a market will not sell the city as a potential destination to visit or to invest. The city needs a great deal more than that.

I'd support the move if it meant that the area would be turned into a park with the castle ruins on show and more use of the river.

What he said, the current markets area is absolutely horrible :gag:

But a market will not sell the city as a potential destination to visit or to invest. The city needs a great deal more than that.

Why wont it? The building is a fantastic example of 1950s architecture and design and with some thought and care could become an asset for the city. other cities have taken advantage of their post war heritage and used it to their advantage look at manchester and city of london. The Market is much more iconic for Sheffield than a few ruin would be

Why wont it? The building is a fantastic example of 1950s architecture and design and with some thought and care could become an asset for the city. other cities have taken advantage of their post war heritage and used it to their advantage look at manchester and city of london. The Market is much more iconic for Sheffield than a few ruin would be

Markets won't pull in the tourists and the building is not that impressive. Subjective, I know.

What exactly are the Plans for the space it leaves behind? I've read lots of rumours - uncover the castle, make a nice park, build flats etc, but nothing confirmed.

I just worry that if it is left without shops, and the markets around it, it will become quite dangerous to walk through. From my work I have to walk through there to go and buy my lunch each day and even when there is lots of people around I don't especially like it, will be much less inclined to go when there is only a couple of dodgy people knocking about.

I know that what is good architecture and what isn't is very subjective, but really, Castle Market good architecture?? Its a horrible drab looking building, just like Park Hill flats if you ask me, typical of a lot of structures that were just thrown up at that time.

The GPO building, now that is an example of good architecture-interior and exterior, that should be preserved.

I read today that the new market down the Moor will have space for six shops and 22 stalls. That doesn't seem like a lot.

I read today that the new market down the Moor will have space for six shops and 22 stalls. That doesn't seem like a lot.

Quality not quantity.

I would love to see the area redeveloped but back to its former glory and as part of Sheffields heratige.

4 phone shops and 2 pound shops then ?