Police checking cars on Manchester Road Stocksbridge 10/01/10

Any body know why there are police looking though parked car windows and taking registration plate details? But not all cars?

One of my friends updated their Facebook status yesterday to say they were ticketing cars that were parked illegally?

Waiting for the first ' haven't they got anything better to do' post !:)

Waiting for the first ' haven't they got anything better to do' post !:)

Its a thread about Stocksbridge so its more likely that you'll see some sort of inbred, 6 fingered joke first.

some vehicles were left abandoned in some precarious ways along Mnachester Rd and has caused some problems for busses etc especially outside the Venue.

I heard of some break in to cars near to the co op

One of my friends updated their Facebook status yesterday to say they were ticketing cars that were parked illegally?

This was taken from the hands of the police some years ago - now down to the ticket 'em and run off squad (parking services). :rolleyes:

I have no idea why, but according to a thread posted last week, they were doing the same thing to cars parked on private drives in Walkley.

The CSO had a good look round my car which is parked in a layby infront of my house, it is taxed etc. It is probably just a routine check as other posters have said.

I am a comer in so I have the standard 8 fingers and 2 thumbs.

The CSO had a good ...

Edited by sazaboo
sausage fingers

Meant to add that I once got a letter saying I had left a coat on display - nothing in it but if anyone had been looking to break into cars then mine would have been on their list. Think I saw a thread saying some cars abandoned due to weather had been broken into (like they did in the floods).

Guess this is all that's happening in Stocksbridge.