Live Traffic Cameras

The council have a very large pot each year. .

Which is stretched to the limit already due to central government funding being cut.

Which is stretched to the limit already due to central government funding being cut.

Whether it is or it isn't doesn't really matter - the council, as noted in the responses I've had, recognise the importance of this service that is provided to local tax payers through their taxation, recognise the impact it has on peoples safety, and on local businesses, yet choose to treat it, and its users, with apathetic disdain.

If they are going to provide it, then get on with providing it.

Whether it is or it isn't doesn't really matter

Well it does, really. I'll leave it there as I can see there is a bee in your bonnet over this.

Agree they have limited funds (and getting less by the day ..) but if we are only looking at a server upgrade (cameras and controllers already in place) then we are not talking lots of money to provide a valuable service, isn't that what a council is supposed to do ?

Agree they have limited funds (and getting less by the day ..) but if we are only looking at a server upgrade (cameras and controllers already in place) then we are not talking lots of money to provide a valuable service, isn't that what a council is supposed to do ?

Absolutely

Many thanks for your explanation.

I hope Mr ***** will find the funds to get it back into use.

Edited by nikki-red

Many thanks for your explanation.

I hope Mr ***** will find the funds to get it back into use.

My understanding of this is that it is not about funds, it's about finding a way of doing it within the IT systems they've got in place. It appears to have been unexpectedly difficult.

It is certainly not the responsibility of the officers who were named (now removed) to arrange funding.

Sometimes I wonder how we survived in the late 60's and 70's on the roads, without all of todays "help". A different era I suppose.

Angel1.

Sometimes I wonder how we survived in the late 60's and 70's on the roads, without all of todays "help". A different era I suppose.

Angel1.

and you had a three-day working work too, yer lucky bugger

As this could technically be about traffic management the funds could come from the fines account as that shows a surplus. Blaming government cuts are just the usual cop out answers.

Please note that identifying people without their express permission is not allowed on this forum.

Has anyone tried lobbying their local councillor regarding the traffic cams?