Dam House for Gordon's next F Word

Thank you for all you feedback, good and bad.

It can only help to make us better.

Please feel free to phone Shaun the manager if you wish to comment on any poor experiences in the past.

It's good to know that the Damhouse inspires a bit of passion from the people of Sheffield good and bad, and it's also good to see fellow caterers and bar owners adding there views to this thread.

Let me take the opportunity to tell you of a VIP launch party this Friday 15th of January.

We have a new menu launch for 3 courses for £10!!! , yes three courses of our new menu just for £10 so we can drum up some good publicity..... and let us know if you spot Gordon ;)

If you have not tried us, or have done in the past many years ago, why not come down Friday, for £10 you can not go wrong!

....I will nomintate Balti King in Broomhill...

I have nominated Nonnas Chesterfield, excellent food nice spacious modern building and less orange women hanging about!!

Had Christmas dinner at the Dam House. Lots of problems at the booking stage-nearly pulled out. Starter and pudding lovely, main course awful! There is a difference between 'al-dente' and raw, and the vegetables were definitely of the latter variety! Service ranged from excellent to downright surly. This restaurant has so much going for it, lovely setting, nice interior, some good ideas and even some (although inconsistent) good food, but just doesn't know what it wants to be. Make up your mind Dam House-is it to be fine dining, middle-market pub grub or what? All things to all men just doesn't work. Maybe a few ideas from someone in the know wouldn't be a bad thing.