There is a North/South divide in Sheffield. Shame on us!

That's OK, if I ever need to do a NVQ Level 1 in Numeracy then I am sure there'll be an army of paid people willing to assist me and tell me how to pass the course.

well said that man

Watch your spelling pall I think you meant Firth Park is full of Effluent.

You need to check your spelling before other peoples. How long as pall been spealt that way pal.

Absolutely, it's up to individuals to get off their bottom and do something rather than waiting for the magic "they" should should always be doing something. Far too often for far too many people its "them" and not "me".

0114owl1867, you obviously haven't read this thread since you are waving totally the wrong end of your class stick.

i have read the thread and yes i probably did go a bit over the top , but the underlying current that rears its ugly head on here time and time again is the snobbishness that is the SF, it makes me sick, no i'm no chav, no i'm not a council tenant, yes i have my own small business and bmw, etc etc etc, i feel sheffield is not for sheffielders any more, i'd like a poll actually to see where people on SF hail from originally, cos some threads on here cannot be from true sheffielders, well not as i know them anyway and i've been here 40 out of 40 years, and now i'm ready for the sarcastic clever comments, bring it !:suspect:

i have read the thread and yes i probably did go a bit over the top , but the underlying current that rears its ugly head on here time and time again is the snobbishness that is the SF, it makes me sick, no i'm no chav, no i'm not a council tenant, yes i have my own small business and bmw, etc etc etc, i feel sheffield is not for sheffielders any more, i'd like a poll actually to see where people on SF hail from originally, cos some threads on here cannot be from true sheffielders, well not as i know them anyway and i've been here 40 out of 40 years, and now i'm ready for the sarcastic clever comments, bring it !:suspect:

Stay cool fella. :thumbsup:

Was Tony really suggesting that it was all the people, or just a prevailing attitude?

Ask Tony, I can't speak for him.

Oh no they weren't!

Go back and read it again.

I made the same mistake.

The 'North' & 'South' are badly chosen indicators for poorer and more affluent areas ... not geographic regions.

It seems to be a common mistake, but you got there in the end. I am leaning on you to give a better indicator/metaphor. Don't dissapoint.

Lots of areas of our fine city have been soiled by benefit sucking scum. Abbeydale road is next the cancer is spreading.

These people are only taking what is being offered to them Riche! How can the blame lie with them?

Watch your spelling pall I think you meant Firth Park is full of Effluent.

But at least some of the effluent can occasionally string together a coherent, correctly punctuated sentence with no spelling mistakes, pall! :hihi:

I live in the south of the city now having lived before on parsons cross I am of the opinion that most of north sheffield is a dump with a few exceptions .Wouldnt dream of moving back to the north side with the exception of hillsborough.

what about grenoside ? burncross ? oughtibridge ? wharncliffe side ? bradfield ? and the best that sheffield has to offer - worral ???????????????

Ask Tony, I can't speak for him.

You replied as if that was your assumption. Maybe you could have asked him before you posted your reply.

You replied as if that was your assumption. Maybe you could have asked him before you posted your reply.

I didn't need to ask him, you did it for me and he ignored you.