There is a North/South divide in Sheffield. Shame on us!

I live in the south of the city now having lived before on parsons cross I am of the opinion that most of north sheffield is a dump with a few exceptions .Wouldnt dream of moving back to the north side with the exception of hillsborough.

You can keep your chavs matey as they do not fit into S10 old boy. Chav's are happy drawing benefits and living on their council estates that us S10 people pay for. Baseball caps and innit ; plus lots of cheap lager and cider keeps your average chav and 'his lady' happy guv.

Not that I have anything about chaves but would not like to see them in our parks in the better class of peoples area.

Along with their bull terriers status symbol.

S10 is the best. Even the snow is posh not slush. I'm off to the pist skying ya.

Firth Park was affluent about the same time Burngreave was.

I think we are talking about the present day - not a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away.

I was merely pointing out the folly of your question,...

Since when has Firth Park been affluent?

but it seems you already were aware of the answer.... :huh:

Since when has Firth Park been affluent?

Watch your spelling pall I think you meant Firth Park is full of Effluent.

Lots of areas of our fine city have been soiled by benefit sucking scum. Abbeydale road is next the cancer is spreading.

Lots of areas of our fine city have been soiled by benefit sucking scum. Abbeydale road is next the cancer is spreading.

What a fine view you have on life.

typical and utter snobbishness to the last, only on the sheffieldforum would you find this, i spend a lot of time in manchester and you don't see half of much as this bulls**t there, it'd be interesting to know where all these attempting to be almost middle class forummers are originally from, bet its not my beloved SHEFFIELD ! - MY SHEFFIELD PLEASE NOTE AS I CAN GO BACK GENERATIONS - ADIOS !!!!!!

I think a lot of this is down to the people who live in the area. People have to take responsability for the area they live in. Making your own property respectful and pleasent goes a long way to making the rest of your area pleasent.

I live in the north side of the city and I think where I live is a very nice place (although where I used to live was an absolute disgrace - also north). I was always brought up to make sure my house looked respectful inside and out.

I think the council should distribute money equally throughout the city but there is the argument that why should the council put money into places whose occupants arn't going to do their bit to help.

I have noticed that over the past five years or so, that there is a huge distinction. On my travels I have seen the likes of Dore and Fullwood entering the Britain in Bloom competition. I can't say the same for Fir Vale or Gleadless Valley! Why not? Surely tax payer’s money is equally distributed around the city!?

We live very north sheffield and have one of the most beautiful parks i've ever seen. In addition to this, at the other side of our village an existing park was renewed last year.

And as you mention the competitions, it is upto the local residents to do something about it, for their community. Our village enters village in bloom every year without fail.

Edited by Andy
fixed quotes

I think a lot of this is down to the people who live in the area. People have to take responsability for the area they live in. Making your own property respectful and pleasent goes a long way to making the rest of your area pleasent.

I live in the north side of the city and I think where I live is a very nice place (although where I used to live was an absolute disgrace - also north). I was always brought up to make sure my house looked respectful inside and out.

I think the council should distribute money equally throughout the city but there is the argument that why should the council put money into places whose occupants arn't going to do their bit to help.

Here here! I totally agree:)

Absolutely, it's up to individuals to get off their bottom and do something rather than waiting for the magic "they" should should always be doing something. Far too often for far too many people its "them" and not "me".

0114owl1867, you obviously haven't read this thread since you are waving totally the wrong end of your class stick.