There is a North/South divide in Sheffield. Shame on us!

Firth Park is in the "South".

Since when has Firth Park been affluent?

No I am not suggesting any such thing. I'm saying that any divide is in your head and that it's up to you to do something about it if you want it different.

So you are now saying that there is a divide! Nice people live in nice areas, bad people in bad areas, or is that just the state of your mind?

Didn't you start this thread by saying that there was a divide?

Then when people try to explain it being down to the people who live in the area you argue against that.

What do you think is the cause of the difference?

No I am not suggesting any such thing. I'm saying that any divide is in your head and that it's up to you to do something about it if you want it different.

Are you sure that is what you are saying this time Tony? You're not going to change your state of mind again are you? :)

You seem to be having trouble with comprehension. What area do you live in?

Didn't you start this thread by saying that there was a divide?

Then when people try to explain it being down to the people who live in the area you argue against that.

What do you think is the cause of the difference?

I argue against people labelling all people because of the area they live in. Surely anyone with a modicum of intelligence realises that not all people that live in a bad area are bad, and vice versa.

You seem to be having trouble with comprehension. What area do you live in?

I'm on the divide at the moment. Where are you?

Funnily enough I'm from the north and live in the south. Perhaps it's that experience which gives me a wider perspective.

We live in the west end of Sheffield...and always seem to get left out :(

Thats the previous Council for you I'm afraid.

They never did have a good record of spending money on children's playgrounds.

You would have thought that they would have looked after places that were indeed aligned to their political vote.

Now the Libs are tasked with having to replace all the old equipment.

Mind you to be honest some of the equipment is 25 years old.

Its an ongoing process, and your metaphor of a North / South divide, that you perceive to be taking taking place does not hold water, and is a labour tactic that is a silly one.

Children's play ground equipment needs replacing all over Sheffield, Yes in both the North and South of Sheffield.

Take care :)

Firth Park is in the "South".

Yes, of course it is, dear.

(Nurse, nurse - I think it's time for Mr Viney's next lot of tablets!)

I am using the North/South divide as a metaphor.

I take my kids out and about when I am of work, we go all over the place. If the kids see a park or playground on our travels, they pester me into submission to stop the car (other parent's will sympathize with this:().

I have noticed a huge difference between playgrounds in different parts of the city.

Parks in the more affluent parts of the city (lets call them South) have up to the minute apparatus with child safe surfaces.

The less affluent areas (lets call them North) have parks with worn out apparatus, and dangerous tarmac floor surfaces.

My observation’s expanded to the general appearance of these areas. South, well cared for with an obvious injection of cash from somewhere?! North, run down and little attention to the surroundings.

I am sure that I am not the only one to notice this divide, I just can't work out the reasons for it. :help:

Stop moaning you've got your share: do you work and pay for these facilities by the way?