Recommmed a takeaway-chesterfield road

can anyone recommend a chinese takeaway on chesterfield road or norton area?

I've been disappointed with every one in the area, so I'll be watching this to see if anyone knows a good one, or even just a decent one!

I can recommend a Chinese from Canton House.

What's the one just past the lights at Scarsdale Road? Corner of Broxholme Rd, at Woodseats. That's a good one, something Wok?

I can recommend a Chinese from Canton House.

Is that the one opposite Lidl? If so, I found that very greasy.

What's the one just past the lights at Scarsdale Road? Corner of Broxholme Rd, at Woodseats. That's a good one, something Wok?

Canton WoK? Too many peppers, and don't like all the plastic boxes. Their chips didn't resemble real ones either, if I remember correctly BUT this one did look one of the cleanest, most hygienic, I must say.

Is that the one opposite Lidl? If so, I found that very greasy.

Think it depends what you get, the noodles dishes are a little greasy but I love the sweet and sour chicken (not the ball batter one) and the kung po ribs are good. It's very different from Canton Wok which I like but it somehow feels like diet food :lol:

The Canton Wok can be hit and miss, but is generally hit. And Happiness - not sure where they are as we get delivery - have been consistently yummy.

Mandarin House used to be a good one but is now closed due to the owners growing cannabis in the property upstairs apparently!

Mandarin House used to be a good one but is now closed due to the owners growing cannabis in the property upstairs apparently!

:hihi::hihi: Typical. A bit similar to my experience - found an incredible one that delivered from City Road - I was dancing on the ceiling! It was like finding the Holy Grail - and the next week it was in the paper for illegal immigrants working there and they were rounded up! - still didn't stop me from trying it again as it was glorious - but it was crap after the immigrants went! - can we have them back please?:hihi:

I'm surprised no-ones mentioned China Delight yet at Meadowhead. We've been using them for years. We've also use Canton Wok as it's usually quicker than China Delight which is the only problem there sometimes. The takeaway from the restaurant at Greenhill is ok too.