Stolen Land Rover. Red with black door.

Whats the point when you have things like this for sale http://www.tayx.co.uk/

I was wondering about the possibility of jamming tracking devices, after all, they can only work by transmitting a radio signal at a certain frequency.

a cheaper option than a tracker (and easier to fit) would be a baby monitor (if the car is parked on your driveway), and a cheap mobile phone set to silent hidden somewhere in the car so the police can at least ping it to within a square km

Surely a gear stick brace wouldn't stop the vehicle from being loaded on a recovery truck?

At least a wheel clamp should be noisy to remove (but then again, if you've got double glazing, would you hear what's going on outside?)

a cheaper option than a tracker (and easier to fit) would be a baby monitor (if the car is parked on your driveway), and a cheap mobile phone set to silent hidden somewhere in the car so the police can at least ping it to within a square km

Thats a great idea m8 :thumbsup:

Whats the best way to secure a landrover. i have a disco 1. Thx

Drove past one yesterday that was chained to a lamp post.

Thats a great idea m8 :thumbsup:

tracker will get you an insurance discount though, whereas I think you'll have a bother finding suitable tick boxes on an internet quote for my 'system' ;)

just had a metallic red defender 90 stolen from nether edge on 22nd jan about 4am. proffesional job, very little damage done and quickly and quietly got around the locks, alarm, imobiliser, sterring lock and away they went. only the tracker saved it, presumably they realised it was giving off a signal or took the caution to leave it somewhere and wait and see if anyone followed it. found it at 9am same day by following the tracker to just off city road near norfolk park. currently with the police waiting for scenes of crimes officers to do their jobs (usually turning up 3 days after its happened and explaining to you that fingerprints usually only last 24hours. this has happened 4 times now.) same landy got £1300 of damage done to it near ecclesal by someone trying to steal it 10 months ago, the same day we bought it back to sheffield having bought it to replace... a blue defender 90 that was taken from nether edge, with starter motor broken- i guess taken away on a transporter. thieving scum, at an average of one theft every 4 months for my landy its starting to become impossible to own one.

iv got myself my third 4x4 in 6 weeks another fourtrak i live on the bottom floor of a shared house with my jeep right outside my window and my chainsaw next to my bed om not letting them have this one. iv put a steering lock and a hidden battery isolator swich on so hopefully i can get to them befor they can get it going. sorry to hear about everyone elses landys there scum and i hope they get whats coming to them.

In addition to the kid from Wales getting locked up the other week with 3 at his address, spoke to a bloke from Mastin Moor yeserday who tracked his 90 down to an address in the Killamarsh area.

They had changed the reg plates and the wheels to try and hide its true ID.

Unfortunately it was an ex-military renovation job so would have stood out a mile with all its identifiable stuff.

Two more locked up for that one so thats two more the police now know about and can start to build picture of the stolen landy patterns.

E-Bay is where a lot of all the bits are going out through apparently