Snowboarding for begginers

Hi anyone.

My 12yr old son is desparate to try snowboarding. would appreciate any advice on board sizing, boards, bindings,boots etc. Also if anyone knows where i could get cheap set up as he will be having lessons on a dry ski slope to beggin with.

Regards

Dave

hi the board sizing depends on his hieght, there are some very good websites around explaining this.

I have a burton board and bindings going cheap as it has been well used. Also have size 8 boots for sale.

Don't buy a new board as the surface on the dry slope scratches the surface. Debbie

There are always used boards on eBay if your looking for something second hand. I picked up my first board on ebay a few years back.

Hi Debbie.

Thankyou for replying. How much do you want for snowboard ? My telephone No is 07825711215 if you could give me a call.

Regards

Dave.

maybe he should try the dry slopes equipment first to find what size suits him,then he'll have a good idea of what board he likes rather than buying one untried

Hi Debbie.

Don,t know if you got my last pm but I am interested in your board. You did,nt say what length it was. If you want to you can call me on 07825711215 or just pm me.

Regards

Dave

I teach at the Dry slope.

bring him up. book him on some lessons and use our equipment.

dont buy your own until he has had 3 or 4 lessons and knows for certain by then he wants to stick with it.

The village also now has a forum at

http://www.minimansell.com/ssv/

MIni