Best Indian restaurant / curry house in Sheffield - Megathread

I prefer Induz to Shapla and Zeenats but haven't been to Jewel. Is it across from Carbrook and is it still open?

Yes, Jewel is still open, opposite Carbrook in what used to be the Stumble Inn pub I think?

Also, drove past Zeenat last night and that looked very much closed, shame, I used to really like that place once upon a time!

Shapla at bottom of the Moor! I also really like the Taste of India and Bangla Cottage both based in Hillsborough

Butlers balti house. Wish i could go more often :)

Zara's and Indian chef in crookes are awesome!

Daarbar in Hillsborough is fantastic.

I didn't mind Taste Of India in Hillsborough, however, the other week I walked passed, and looked down the alley at the side of it. The side door was open and I saw a rat on top of a wheelie bin. All I think now is that the rat could have easily gone in the side door. Urgh.

It could have gone in the korma as well :hihi:

Yes, Jewel is still open, opposite Carbrook in what used to be the Stumble Inn pub I think?

Also, drove past Zeenat last night and that looked very much closed, shame, I used to really like that place once upon a time!

Ok, think I'm gonna try this place with the missus. Anyone know if I need to reserve a table on monday, tuesday or wednesday nights?

Ok, think I'm gonna try this place with the missus. Anyone know if I need to reserve a table on monday, tuesday or wednesday nights?

No need to reserve table in mid week.

It's a few months since I went to Jewel, but my thoughts then were that it was pretty good, but not as good as Akbars. And if I am going to drive over that end of the city then I may as well stay in the car for another couple of mile and go to Akbars on Meadow View road and have a really delicious Indian meal, (love the tandoori fish starters), for not a lot of money.

The other thing about Jewel was that it was incredibly depressing inside, with black wallpaper as I recall? Maybe they've changed that now? If so, I might go back and give it another go.

went last night to the little india this time it was early but 12 people in and the phone never stopped for takeaways,i had the chicken with mince dish with plain rice,and a very crispy plain nan and tarka dall very nice not rushed, and with coffee.we really enjoyed it,also its nice to be asked if we wanted a top up coffee on the house, also they have just put out the new menu dishes ,but we stuck to to dishes we had not had for a while,ali was saying they now open 7 days so if you like it a bit more on the quite side ..........midweek is better ps tram stops at town end 2mins walk away

We live a 5 minute walk away from Little India, it was our favourite in the area but didn't answer the phone when we tried to order a couple of weekends ago.

Driving past this week it appears to have been replaced by a pizza & kebab house, such a shame, the other Indians that deliver around here have gravy style dishes and rice filled with fluorescent particles :cool:

Has anyone tried Spice Story? (Where Daarbar used to be at Hillsborough)