Best Indian restaurant / curry house in Sheffield - Megathread

Shame about the zeenat a few years ago all the pubs in attercliffe were packed on Saturday night and the zeenat was doing a roaring trade but then it all faded away.

Indus seems to be doing well, we have been going for around 20 years, we have noticed that zeenat was getting emptier and emptier every time we passed, its a shame as I think it's been around for years.

Indus seems to be doing well, we have been going for around 20 years, we have noticed that zeenat was getting emptier and emptier every time we passed, its a shame as I think it's been around for years.

Yes I agree we like the indus the food is very good but they let themselves down sometimes things like grubby sticky menus toilets out of order and rice on seating stuff like that! we also have been going around 20 years.

Edited by allwednesday

Panahar at Nether Green gets my vote, never had a bad one there yet!

Dreadful place....Contemporary Indian Cuisine and Pizzeria!! The food is awful, the best thing is the pub across the road.

Rajput has to be the best, good family business. It has a takeaway next door and a few years ago opened a restaurant. Being going to the takeaway for many years and have visited the restaurant many a time and has not had one bad meal.

Been using the Rajput takeaway ever since it opened and never had a complaint ( and I am a complainer, just ask my husband ) and the restaurant is fab. My problem is that my husband doesn't like indian and Rajput don't do english so don't get to the restaurant as often as I would like, having said that I would rather have a takeaway from the Rajput than an evening out in any other indian.

Yes another favorite not been up for ages tho will have to go back the food is brill is it still BYO drinks.

went to little india at gleadless not been for a while,and had a very nice meal, first time ive had a chicken bhuna and it was superb, the rice was fluffy good portion sizes and the taka dhall was good all very good value for money,i really can recommend this for a good quality indian meal,the tel was busy for take aways,but the restaurant was quite but it was a monday, ali and his team work hard and long hours to keep it going ,so if you have not been before why not give it a try

1. Aagrah - Leopold Square

2. Akbar's - Meadowbank

Shaams Wombwell, if ever your out of Sheffield. £10 5 course and a free drink. Really nice. not buffet crap.

Just tried the newly opened Abdul's near the bottom of ecclesall road.

Really clean and bright inside with an open kitchen and a really friendly team behind the counter and in the kitchen.

Was excellent food, really complex blend of flavours with good spice levels.

Best Indian takeaway I have had in a long time.

Lamb chops were brill , lamb Nihari main was spicy , piquant and the lamb was very lean and melted in the mouth, and was topped with wonderful caramelised onions. A very good tarka dall (which they made spicier on request) and a flavoursome aloo gobi . Plus the garlic naan came well done as requested.

All very neatly presented in plastic cartons with see through lids laid out on easy to carry card trays .

Normally we settle for Paprikas in fulwood as it's close by and kind of OK but nothing special but this was well worth a little drive.

Not expensive either.

Was a tad oily but that's easily corrected next time.

http://www.abduls.com/

Zeenat at attercliffe now closed I would think some one else will give it a go the indus up the road was always very good but my last two visits the food has not been up to standards

Of previous times hope it gets back to good standard.

Edited by allwednesday