Best Indian restaurant / curry house in Sheffield - Megathread

Lots of people like Akbars on Meadowbank Road, but Aagrah for me is the best. Its the one in Leopold Square.

been a few times and always really good..

Im with you. I like more Aagrah than Akbars

Has Paul from the Kashmir on Spital Hill opened up elsewhere. I heard a rumour last week he had, but can't substantiate this

beware people.......desi curry house in attercliffe has changed hands,its now called iqbal's and the food is awefull,me and the missis ate from desi's on a regular basis and when i rang up last night to complain about the food(we had just chucked in the bin) i found out about the take over...same phone number,same menu,same signs outside but obviously different staff:|

Have'nt frequented the Mangla for quite some time. Is it still any good?

Have'nt frequented the Mangla for quite some time. Is it still any good?

A workmate went earlier this week and said it was rubbish, the curry was tasteless.

I went to Cutlers Spice last Sunday and it was very very good, the Balti Naga Ngee was superb.

Just over the border but Akbar's near Meadowhall has to be the best. Very tasty food and it is consistently good. It is great to go to a place where you know exactly what you will get time and again.

PS I don't have shares :)

Just over the border but Akbar's near Meadowhall has to be the best. Very tasty food and it is consistently good. It is great to go to a place where you know exactly what you will get time and again.

PS I don't have shares :)

You have poor taste though, Akbars is average at best and the hype machine and advertising it uses have worked a treat.

You have poor taste though

I very much doubt it but you are entitled to your opinion :huh:

the food at akbars is very very good but drinks are very expensive

1. Mangla

2. Kohinoor - Handsworth

3. Bayleaves - Ecclesfield

All the rest just seem much of a muchness. Nothing startling, nothing really 'authentic' just generic tasting curries.

It might not be the best but we go in the Viraaj on Woodseats often. The food is usually spot on and the staff friendly and helpful and resonably priced.