Best Indian restaurant / curry house in Sheffield - Megathread

Induz and Kebabish are great, used to order lots from Mangla but went downhill IMO and I never returned. Ordered a few times in recent weeks from Desi on Attercliffe Road, very nice indeed.

what do people think of the indian buffet places, there is one on Meadowbank rd up from Akbars (v. nice place by the way) and a Thai/Chines/Indian buffet place but cannot remember the name of the place in Sheffield

I'm shocked people are saying the Zeenat?? especially when the Induz is so much better just up the road! each to their own though! best ever is closed now...The 'Slammer' (Islamabad) on Attercliffe, not the nicest of places to dine but the curry was the best i've ever had! God bless ya Omar! :thumbsup:

I never went there as i was too young but older bro and sis say it was amazing food.

But i will let u into a little secret, there is a little place called Zaika on Chippinghouse Road Attercliffe. you know when a place is good when the local Asain population all go for dinner. It is only open until around 9.30 and only a cafe type and does not looklike anything from the outside.

I sometimes take myself off on a saturday lunchtime for a hangover lamb karhai!!

Also does great Skeeh kebabs

never said cafe guru had just 2 tables ? and who bragged ?for a strart im from canada and my husband told me who he was, guess something was lost in the translation of the joke there then .

induz induz induz best ever brill onion barje love em

we went to the Ambar Tandoori restaurant on Ecclesall road just above Endcliffe Park last night . We were a party of 4 and every meal was beautiful , we've been having curries since the late sixties , and it reminded us of the lovely tastes back then. It leaves Akbars, Shapla , Butlers standing for taste and service . A bit pricey , but well worth the extra bit of cost !

Aagrah - bit pricey but the premium is reflected in the food and choice. I went there the other day for a take-out and there were over 50 people waiting (the place was choccer-block!) - that speaks for itself!

got to be shapla or dillshad surely

Zeenats, yummy yummy I got love in my tummy.

That is funny because my 3 year old nephew uses that line when he is hungry.

Shapla and Akbars... Can't go wrong!!!

Nowhere beats Nirmals - that is def the best curry house in Sheffield, and for many years I reckon it was the only Indian curry you could get - there's a few Indian places now though...