Best Indian restaurant / curry house in Sheffield - Megathread

youll be struggling in sheff

Obvioulsy don't get out much!

Viraaj on Chesterfield Road - Woodseats or Mangla - Spittle Hill

New India Garden on Chesterfield Road is great plus really good service. Zaras in Crookes is also really good. I would say the food is better than New India Garden, really fresh and tasty. The service is slow though.

mangla 1st place

akbars 2nd place

zeenat 3rd place

in that order :hihi:

Bayleaves Restaurant high street eccelsfield. Went there last week small place but food was amazing and not too expensive. YOU MUST BOOK FIRST or u wont get in .

Just been to Apna on Meadowbank Road, Holmes, Rotherham and as always it was excellent.

Buffet night Sunday 2 for £17.00.

I highly recommend it, much better than the overated Akbars which is just down the road.

Try VIRAAJ 743 Chesterfield Rd Woodseats S8 0SL, I went on Thursday it was fab

Buffet restaurant Kinaara (staniforth road) and Takeaway Bilash (sharrow vale road)

mangla in spital hill is good, i also really like zara's in crookes just took my girl friend for her birthday unfortunately it was slow service on the weekend but really good food

Mangla and Butlers best for me.

Bayleaf and Shapla ones to aviod in my opinion.

Went to Chutney at Gleadless Town End last night and really enjoyed it. We were surprised by how large it was inside as it looks quite small from outside . It is very nicely decorated and had a very welcoming vibe. Mr G had the house Karai with egg rice , I had my favourite King prawn Korma with pilou , we had sag aloo, gobi aloo and pashwari nan which was to die for! It was all perfectly cooked and beat my all time favourite Shimul hands down I'm afraid to say. recommended.

Bit further afield but well worth it, Thaal at Darfield, gorgeous food, brilliant staff and usually busy on a weekend so a nice buzz about the place.