Best Indian restaurant / curry house in Sheffield - Megathread

I would also suggest the Clay Oven. Slightly biased because it's just round the corner from my house, but always really friendly service, and really tasty food. Plus they've got some pretty cool artwork up at the mo from a local painter so that's worth a look.

I think every curry house in Sheffield/the country has been used in the standard...

"a few years ago my mate's mate who works for environmental health got a take away from <insert curry house>. Just for a laugh, he took the left overs to work to get them tested and to his horror found <insert gruesomness usually involving gentleman's relish>

Ha ha ha i saw a small tin in Morrisons with "gentlemans relish" on the tin. I dont mean man fluid thats what the contents are called:hihi::hihi::hihi:

Butlers is really good off uni roundabout and Mogul Rooms is amazing, specially the rainbow fish

I'd have to say the Viraaj (former Woodseats Hotel) is definatly the best curry I have EVER had! I went with my brother, his girlfriend, and my parents, it was spot on!! 10 times better than Everest, New India Garden, all those, perfect!! The food tasted so clean and fresh was unreal. oh and the service was spot on too! - Try it (i think you get a 10% discount card on your first visit too :D

I havent had a good curry of late, everywhere I've been has been a bit poor on the whole. I have had three recently and Rajput was the best. Akbars was in my opinion devoid of flavour and Aagrah just too hot. Everything was boiling it was like chilli powder had been sprinkled on it all. Even the pickle tray was scorching and the bhajis burned my mouth out. I like a combo of some hot food and some milder, savoury (how things like bhajis or cool mint yoghurt should be!).

Kashmir is really good

The Kashmir has been closed for few months now, sadly.