Best Indian restaurant / curry house in Sheffield - Megathread

Hi.

I was impressed by the service provided by them.

Provided by who?

Went to Butler's Balti the other night for a work meal. As it had been mentioned on this thread, I thought it would be pretty good. Although they were very friendly, and the food was not really greasy or terrible, I just thought it was very bland and not a patch on the likes of Mangla, Kashmir and Kushi.

Went to Butler's Balti the other night for a work meal. As it had been mentioned on this thread, I thought it would be pretty good. Although they were very friendly, and the food was not really greasy or terrible, I just thought it was very bland and not a patch on the likes of Mangla, Kashmir and Kushi.

Most of the dishes at Butler's are cooked English style (and medium spiced, unless otherwise stated). However, if you prefer a traditional homestyle/Asian curry, they will happily prepare it for you. Which dish did you have, if you don't mind me asking.

Which dish did you have, if you don't mind me asking

I had a lamb balti. I would agree with you that you could ask for a more traditional style, but two of the people at the meal said that they liked their curries rich and hot - they came out with some extra green chillies in the curry, but the flavour was not quite there, and they were still medium. We decided that it was the curry base that needed something extra!

amraj in waterthorpe very nice food and decent prices

so is everest any good, because a girl in ma forms dad owns it nd i've heard good, average and only good if u've had a drinkk (not so good),,

Butlers Balti is the best........

Butlers Balti is the best...........

Butlers Balti is the best...........

no it isn't!

ranmoor tandoori is ace and take your own booze.

Zara at Crookes is quite posh as curry houses go and the food is gorgeous. good service too. Go at least once a week.