Best Indian restaurant / curry house in Sheffield - Megathread

Anybody tried Akkbars on Meadowbank Road? would appreciate any feedback as looking for a good curry house for work outing

yes akhbars is very good. im not sharing the best one in sheffield on here cos then i wouldnt be able to get a table soz. ;)

Has anyone tried Khushi on Abbeydale Road? I drove past tonight and it looks like its in the Kebabish (Neth Edge), Chaman style of layout. I do quite like the curry style of those 2 places as well, ie relatively dry curries. So has anyone been or had a takeaway????

the best is kinaraa buffet on staniforth road

the best is kinaraa buffet on staniforth road

Where is this place? never heard of it, and I live near Staniforth Road!

I still cannot understand the appeal of this Akbars place, you get treated like cattle and the food is average at best.

A definate case of people believing the hype.

try the flouch but its a way out and the food and service is wonderful

now well never get a seat!!

Ok, its not Indian, because they describe it themselves as Kashmeri.

Get in the car and head to Jinnah at Ecclesfield (The old Arundel pub).

Someone mentioned Taste of India @ Penistone....it must be a long time since you ate there!:gag:

Jim

regarding taste of india?????????????

yu must have something wrong with yu squire

get thisen tut docs

ive been going to T.O.I. regularly for yrs and never had a bad meal yet

two that havent been mentioned yet, seven spices at shalesmoor, service is always excellent as is the food, and also the kashmir curry centre on spital hill down from mangla, its the most basic place in the world, but the food is spot on.

zeenat has 2 be the best never had any bad experience allways great food great service u cant go wrong @ this place

yes have tried akbars it is chain restaurant from bradford u get trieted like anumber not like a person stick to local restaurants they will apprieseat ur bisness more and look after u more my favourt is the zeenat on attercliffe road u cant go wrong great food great service great atmespher u will not be disaponted in any way an u will thank me later

zeenat has 2 be the best never had any bad experience allways great food great service u cant go wrong @ this place

i see you have a couple of new usernames carolina!!!!!!

this is supposed to be an impartial view of restaurants not advertising for one that you work at, we are not all stupid you know:loopy:

oh and the zeenat is mediocre at best:gag:

I think defo ZEENAT all the way!! never had a problem,, and the garlic and cheese nan is yum yum yum!! and u can get restaraunt quality delivered too,,

I think defo ZEENAT all the way!! never had a problem,, and the garlic and cheese nan is yum yum yum!! and u can get restaraunt quality delivered too,,

garlic and cheese naan:hihi: how traditional i bet theyve never seen that in mumbai

have you noticed all the people who praise it have about 4 posts??