Best Indian restaurant / curry house in Sheffield - Megathread

My personal favourite is Zara's (formerly Crookes Tandoori) on Crookes. Dragged myself up the hill to go there again just last night. Really good guys who run it, nice atmosphere and, IMO, great food to boot. And eight pickles to go with your poppadums! Hell yeah!

err, no, it's truly awful, it was like re-heated Tesco special bachelor chow. Akbars wins every time, even with those ridiculous nan bread antlers...

are you sure you went to the induz? been going 20 years and in my opinion the best in sheffield.

they must be doing something right to survive at least 20 years and its still in the same familys hands

Zara's gets my vote as well - really good food, good service and atmosphere.

shapla in city center i recoment the chicken massala (not tikka massala) its fit

any body been to Zeenat on attercliffe? the best indian food in sheffied and believe me ive tried just about every indian restaurant in sheff. the food is spot on especially weekend specials! the staff are really friendly and the atmosphere is great. i find that most restaurants, especially in city centre, try to rush you instead of letting you enjoy your evening. Zeenat are more into letting you dine at your own leisure without rushing. like i said the food is absolutely gorgeous!!! the service is great and the restaurant itself is a really nice place to dine in. if you havent tried Zeenat then I really recommend you do :)

you posted about this yesterday multiple times and every one of your posts were removed after it was mentioned that you either work there or are married to the owner

I do not or have never worked at zeenat, i in fact work in meadowhall. I am a regular at zeenat and think its a great friendly restaurant and in these present circumstances i think we should try and support our local businesses. i am new on this site as it was recommended by a friend, as im stuck in the house in this weather i thought i would try it out. i kept posting more because my message never appeared so i thought i had done it wrong. so sorry if this has upset you in any way

not upset me at all, you posted in various existing threads not on the same one multiple times,

it just seems strange when somebody joins and there first 4 posts are all about the same place, then the very next day you post the exact same thing again.

and when and who mentioned i work there or am married to the owner? i do not understand why every body else can recommend places but my posts have been removed

i looked to see if any 1 had replied to my post and saw my post was not there so posted again today, i real dont see the problem. out of curiosity wht is your recommended indian restaurant and why?

i looked to see if any 1 had replied to my post and saw my post was not there so posted again today, i real dont see the problem. out of curiosity wht is your recommended indian restaurant and why?

LETS END THIS CONVERSATION HERE#

MANGLA

simple as that

and if you mention in barnsley

TASTE OF INDIA @ Penistone.........

I THANKYOU !!!!!!!!!!

Shapla - Bottom of the moor

Butlers Balti - Across from the old Jessops Hospital