Best Indian restaurant / curry house in Sheffield - Megathread

i dont know whether it was the owner or some members of staff that tortured and murdered a LAD UPSTAIRS AND DUMPED HIS BODY NEAR TO KETTLEBRIDGE A FEW YEARS AGO

That is very true!!!

New India Garden is owned by Anwar Ali

Anwar Ali's son Raju (cant remember his real name, just know that his "home name" is Raju, a bengali custom ,.. .. we have official name and home names).

Raju and his mate brutally murdered a lad known by Kosru , burned his body and stashed the remains behind KettleBridge school on Staniforth road.

This was earlier this century.

Kosru's body is buried in the cemetary near Handsworth and Darnall.

In my eyes, anyone who supports ANY business knowing that they have been involved in crimes such as murder and drug dealing are as bad as the people who did the crime.

Worse still, Kosru was related to Raju and was murdered due to their families falling out.

For me, you have your slightly more up-market city-centre curry houses, of which Dosanj, Aagrah and Saffron Club are all very good.

However, you then have your slightly less up-market curry houses, generally away from the city centre, which in my opinion are always just slightly better: Mangla and Kashmir on Spital Hill, Chaman or Gulshan on the Wicker, Shapla at the bottom of the Moor, and the relatively new Khushi on Abbeydale Road.

These are all very nice curry houses, the 'nicest' title depends on what you want to eat, as they are generally better at some dishes than others!

P.S. other apparently nice curry houses that I have not yet eaten at include Spices 7, Butler's Balti, and Akbars.

Khushi has my vote. Excellent service as well as the food.

rajput. balti king. indian chef.

Rajput - over priced (the restaurant at least) - takeaway was reasonably priced last time I tried it but it's a while ago. Nothing special but probably the best in the Crookes / Walkley area though I have to say I've not tried any of them in the last 6 months.

Balti King - you are having a laugh? Dreadful.

Mangla - always good value as far as I'm concerned - price vs quality - my favourite.

Nirmals - over priced and don't like the decor these days - but the best quality as far as I'm concerned.

Agraah or however it is spelt - nice but over priced - but it's an 'upmarket' setting.

Rajput - over priced (the restaurant at least) -

Is it expensive? Never really noticed tbh... but it is BYO which cuts the overall cost of a meal out.. and it must be doing something right as its busy mid week - which not many places can say...

Is it expensive? Never really noticed tbh... but it is BYO which cuts the overall cost of a meal out.. and it must be doing something right as its busy mid week - which not many places can say...

yes. curry+rice you are looking at nearly £10.

Rajput - over priced (the restaurant at least) - takeaway was reasonably priced last time I tried it but it's a while ago. Nothing special but probably the best in the Crookes / Walkley area though I have to say I've not tried any of them in the last 6 months.

Balti King - you are having a laugh? Dreadful.

Mangla - always good value as far as I'm concerned - price vs quality - my favourite.

Nirmals - over priced and don't like the decor these days - but the best quality as far as I'm concerned.

Agraah or however it is spelt - nice but over priced - but it's an 'upmarket' setting.

I tried Balti king out as i was in the area.

My wife had given birth and i felt a bit peckish so to speak.

I ordered the Fish karai. The fish was dry and HARD!!!

All i could taste was CUMIN SEEDS!!!

I told them what i thought and tried to give them my advice. I got the answer of " You know bro, when you cook Machli (meaning fish) you have to put lots of Jheera (cumin) or it smells" . That was honestly what he believed!

It proves they dont know what they are doing.

kashmir or mangla

I would love to try Mangla but the area it is situated in is a little off putting.

I would love to try Mangla but the area it is situated in is a little off putting.

The area is fine, it's a 10min walk into town or you can park outside. Personally I think the Manga food went down hill a few years ago and they have been living on their old reputation for far too long.

east and west on abbeydale road!

please support this place. i really hope they stay around a while.

i must also recommend the kashmir on spital hill.

anyone got any reports on the one at top of handsworth? koohi noor i think its called,i'm supposed to be going this weekend..