Best Indian restaurant / curry house in Sheffield - Megathread

Hi all just to let you all nkow we had a nice tasty indian meal at the shapla on cumberland street, I had a special with methi leaves and lentils in it and it was nice and spicey. I have got into the herb fenugreek lately and am growing this herb myself as well as taking it in capsule form it has many amazing health benefits for men and women. You can do a search on youtube or elsewhere. The leaves from the plant that go into indian cooking are called methi leaves which I have only just discovered. It is known for helping to control blood sugar levels so those who are diabetic may find it helpful.

Give it a go !

Mangla which is at Spital Hill on the Wicker near the big new Tesco and pure gym it is amazing you get so much for your money. I have been going for years you get free poppadoms and pickle tray for starters and you can bring your own alcohol which makes it perfect for a cheap night out and the quality of food is amazing highly recommend it.

---------- Post added 28-09-2014 at 12:15 ----------

Has anyone tried Spice Story? (Where Daarbar used to be at Hillsborough)

Spice story have started doing a lunch time buffet for £5.99 I think as well as being open evenings. It has only been open a few weeks so I haven't been yet but Daarbars was so nice.

Hi all just to let you all nkow we had a nice tasty indian meal at the shapla on cumberland street, I had a special with methi leaves and lentils in it and it was nice and spicey. I have got into the herb fenugreek lately and am growing this herb myself as well as taking it in capsule form it has many amazing health benefits for men and women. You can do a search on youtube or elsewhere. The leaves from the plant that go into indian cooking are called methi leaves which I have only just discovered. It is known for helping to control blood sugar levels so those who are diabetic may find it helpful.

Give it a go !

I have always liked the Shapla. A favourite venue for leaving / retirement do's in our work. If I survive thus far, it will be my venue of choice also.

I am also a fan of the Shapla nothing better than a pre match meal on a Tuesday night home game

I went for the first time recently, and will be definitely visiting again!

Can anyone recommend a good Indian restaurant in the Sheffield town centre please?

Many thanks for that. I will give that a try. Thanks again.

Try Aligarh Indian in Crosspool. The food is amazing.

They recently took over the Artisan restaurant that was run by Chef Richard Smith.

Aligarh.

32- 34 Sandygate road

Crosspool

S10 5RY