Best Indian restaurant / curry house in Sheffield - Megathread

I've tried it twice and both times the food has been ok,eatable but at the same time bland not very spicy and not much of a kick.Viraaj beats it nands down every day of the week

shouldn't that be naands down?

I went to Downtown Akbars last night and I have to say I enjoyed the experience.

The food was tasty with a bit of a kick, the service was spot on and the prices reasonable.

Whilst I wouldn't describe it as my favourite indian, I'll certainly be back for more.....assuming it doesn't change hands again. :hihi:

Regards

Doom

Nothings good there now... worst place to be at

I've now taken a shine to the jewel indian restaurant near attercliffe next to meadowhall retail park it has good reviews on trip advisor too.

Went to the New India gardens last night with a Groupon voucher and was really dissapointed. Been before and it wasn't bad so we gave it another go. Firstly we were shown to a table and althought he place is clean and tidy it was pretty cold. We were given menus and ordered drinks, when the waiter came over to take our order he only spoke to me asking what I wanted and not my partner. The starters were nice but they got the main meal wrong but it was nice when they sorted it. We were going to order coffees but someone just plonked a plate on our table with the bill on it without asking if we wanted anything else.. Not a patch on the Viraaj or Kashmiri gardens, we won't be back there.

Went to the New India gardens last night with a Groupon voucher and was really dissapointed. Been before and it wasn't bad so we gave it another go. Firstly we were shown to a table and althought he place is clean and tidy it was pretty cold. We were given menus and ordered drinks, when the waiter came over to take our order he only spoke to me asking what I wanted and not my partner. The starters were nice but they got the main meal wrong but it was nice when they sorted it. We were going to order coffees but someone just plonked a plate on our table with the bill on it without asking if we wanted anything else.. Not a patch on the Viraaj or Kashmiri gardens, we won't be back there.

We had the very same on Saturday evening, ordered starters which arrived very quickly and within two minutes of taking the plates away the main meals arrived, as we had ordered a bottle of wine maybe give us a little time to chill between courses, meals were not as good as usual and i have given this place good reviews in the past, plates took away and plate put on table with bill, basically it was like a fast food restaurant and also wont be back!

Panahar at Nether Green gets my vote, never had a bad one there yet!

Panahar at Nether Green gets my vote, never had a bad one there yet!

You have obviously never eaten a decent curry in your life (or you are the owner)

The Panahar is dreadful. And permanently empty. Not sure how it is still going to be honest.

Just been to Zeenat and it's closed. Aparently baliffs went in on 6th March. It's a shame been there years and food was good. I know what people mean about the restaurant being empty all time though, I think it qas mainly takeaways they sold.

Shame about the zeenat a few years ago all the pubs in attercliffe were packed on Saturday night and the zeenat was doing a roaring trade but then it all faded away.