Best Indian restaurant / curry house in Sheffield - Megathread

The area is fine, it's a 10min walk into town or you can park outside. Personally I think the Manga food went down hill a few years ago and they have been living on their old reputation for far too long.

I agree, used to be good but not now. Another little place worth a try is Curry Canteen on Dorking Street, just of Spittle Hill. It only opens 11.30am to 6pm. You can get veg curry and rice from £3 or lamb curry and rice for £4.75 They also do chicken. I think you can have a bit of each for about £3.50.

I'm of to Agraah at the weekend. Not my idea and when the bill comes it will be like having my pants pulled down!

Aagrah is the best by far that i've been to, i'm a veggie and they do some tasty veg dishes, am assured by my friends that the meat dishes are fab too. Good service as well... wish I could afford to eat there more often!

AAGRAH in leopold square. beautiful cuisine, and the best peshwari naan.

AAGRAH in leopold square. beautiful cuisine, and the best peshwari naan.

The Peshwari naan is amazing isn't it! Unlike any I have had before and freshly made.

The Peshwari naan is amazing isn't it! Unlike any I have had before and freshly made.

unlike their curries.

I thought Aagrah was overrated, and the service was pretty poor

Went to aagrahs last night with work.. all I can say is Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm yummie!!

anyone got any reports on the one at top of handsworth? koohi noor i think its called,i'm supposed to be going this weekend..

we went last night and it was very very nice :thumbsup:

Best in Sheffield is AAGRAH without a doubt, it isn't too expensive, especially if you go early and get 2 for 1 on mains. 2nd best is Kashmir. 3rd Mangla, however the Mangla isn't as good as it used to be - 3 years ago you would struggle to get in at 9 pm on friday or saturday but not anymore.

I bought one of the privilege cards in May for Aagrah and used it loads to get discount off meals , this for me makes Aagrah very good value. The service is great and food consistently good. The mixed vegetarian starter is fabulous even for a meat eater. The tamarind dip is out of this world.

Kashmir also consistently good, owner is wonderful and very friendly, I love the feel to this place, no pretension whatsoever, the food talks. If you fancy something a bit different ask Bashir the owner to customise something for you and he will.

Mangla is good on a good night but doesnt seem to be as consistent as it used to be. The popadoms are great, the portions hearty and the food here is very cheap and good value , you can eat for less than £7.50 per head including pops, main and rice.

Also worth a mention are Akbars near Rotherham, just a pain to get to if you have a drink and live in Sheffield due to taxi costs.

In my opinion Balti King and Shapla and Everest are sooooo very overated, they are passable if you have had 5 pints but thats about it - "**** up curry houses".

wow thats great! i agree whole heartedly about Agraahs.. I adore their onion Bajis :-)

I went a couple of weeks ago for the second time as I wasn't that impressed the first time. Got to say, I was still not that impressed. Lovley surroundings but I can't see what all the fuss is about with the food. With the ammount of dishes they do and the size of the place it's no wonder. I'm not saying it was horrible, just nothing special. Maybe if they cut down on the ammount of different dishes and just concentrated on a few it would be better.

We had to wait ages for food. The bill came to £200 for 9 of us. We had one drink each and 5 of us had starters bofore our mains. I guess you pay for the surroundings. We left cash and walked out. After about ten minutes of waiting for a taxi, the waiters came running out saying we had only left £60. I went back inside in bewilderment and there it all was on the table.

Not be going again. To Agraah that is.

Edited by verona
Didn't name the establishment as pointed out by PeteM01.

I went a couple of weeks ago for the second time as I wasn't that impressed the first time. Got to say, I was still not that impressed. Lovley surroundings but I can't see what all the fuss is about with the food. With the ammount of dishes they do and the size of the place it's no wonder. I'm not saying it was horrible, just nothing special. Maybe if they cut down on the ammount of different dishes and just concentrated on a few it would be better.

We had to wait ages for food. The bill came to £200 for 9 of us. We had one drink each and 5 of us had starters bofore our mains. I guess you pay for the surroundings. We left cash and walked out. After about ten minutes of waiting for a taxi, the waiters came running out saying we had only left £60. I went back inside in bewilderment and there it all was on the table.

Not be going again.

Where will you not be going again?