Elvis Presley died on 16 August

I never really rated him,I was more in the Beatles and Stones era,but I sat and watched the Hawaii concert the other night and thoroughly enjoyed it ,his stage charisma really stands out and I am beginning to understand the attraction he had and his following

I remember watching the Hawaiian concert some years back with a freind of mine who hadn't really expressed any great interest in Elvis previously.

We both sat in admiration of the sheer charisma and energy of the man.

Elvis was Mr.Charisma and that's why he his memory and popularity still prevails today.

Yes thank you Solomon I had a very good Christmas (I spoiled myself really) and a fab. N.Y.E. - what did you do?

I read somewhere that Elvis was originally blonde and dyed his hair black, Lisa Maria was blonde too

He was actually a ginge! he used a hair dye called "Black Velvet" thet's where Alanah Miles got the title of her Elvis tribute song from.

Elvis was not exactly blond, but he was definitely more a lightish brown. I heard it was some pomade-y type stuff he used, to slick his hair back, that made it turn so dark.

Have you seen the photos of Lisa Marie, these days, and her lad who's about 16/18 years old?

Talk about the apple not falling far from the tree!!!!

True Lisa does resemble Elvis, the son bears a very slight resemblance, though I maintain the real beauty of the family is Priscilla

True Lisa does resemble Elvis, the son bears a very slight resemblance, though I maintain the real beauty of the family is Priscilla

I personally think she's had a bit too much "work" done, in recent years, and now is beginning to look too artificial, and "pulled" but I agree that, 20 or 30 years ago, she was very pretty.

Lisa Marie definitely has her daddy's eyes and mouth, and her son had inherited them, too.

I know what you mean PT, though red lipstick has never been a favourite look of mine, I thought she looked lovely in the documentary, and also in the films with Leslie Neilson (Naked Gun series)

Oh and I have seen photos of Elvis when he looked blonde, though never ginger - the black hair suited him the best

I remember watching the Hawaiian concert some years back with a freind of mine who hadn't really expressed any great interest in Elvis previously.

We both sat in admiration of the sheer charisma and energy of the man.

Elvis was Mr.Charisma and that's why he his memory and popularity still prevails today.

I did see the film Blue Hawaii which was sheer escapism and some of the songs were good

he sucked, don't care.

Couldn't agree more. If Elvis were just starting out today, he'd be ridiculed. I mean, I listened to his version of 'my way', and it was one of the most unpleasant pieces of music I have ever heard in all of my life.

Probably the most over rated singer of the twentieth century.

Good entertainer? Maybe. At a scratch.

Good singer? Absolutely not.

Couldn't agree more. If Elvis were just starting out today, he'd be ridiculed. I mean, I listened to his version of 'my way', and it was one of the most unpleasant pieces of music I have ever heard in all of my life.

Don't be silly, there are plenty of absolutely terrible singers that seem to do well today that get by without being ridiculed.

It's all about tastes and besides If people brought his records that allowed him to have the most no.1 in the UK and are still buying his records then he can hardly be called "overrated".

Someone that is overrated may be highly praised but fail to deliver sales....Elvis certainly did deliver sales.

Richyhello care to tell us who you rate as a singer?

33 years after his death people are still buying his records and are still impersonating and talking about him.......not bad for someone who "sucked"!;)

And did I mention Elvis still holds the record for most NO.1s in the UK Charts with 21.

Madonna and Michael Jackson combined only have 20 between them (13 & 7) respectively.

and cheryl cole had the biggest selling single of 09, wow for records meaning a person don't suck.

i remember elvis going in the army he was so handsome he was not only a fab singer he did so much for his friends and charity he will never be forgtten even today his music is still great

And tomorrow it's the anniversary of Elvis Presley's death.

I wonder why a dead person birthday still has any significance. Date of death is far more relevant; once dead, there's nothing more that one can do. I've never seen the point of saying that XYZ 'would have been xx years old'.