Elvis Presley died on 16 August

I love this too but have you seen the original songwriter (arranger) Mickey Newbury's version, do yourself a favour and give it a watch :love:

Beautiful version, although I do think that Elvis' was much more powerful :)

Beautiful version, although I do think that Elvis' was much more powerful :)

I am glad you liked it, Mickey Newbury is my very favourite singer/songwriter, but Elvis was my first teenage idol, both of the are gone now but still much listened to and loved.

Elvis Presley is also one of the most covered artists in history, mostly by singers who aren't fit to feed Elvis's cat much less sing cover versions of his work IMO, I refer to the likes of Gareth "Pop Idol" Gates et al.

I'm an Elvis fan too. It's unfortunate that he died during one of the most horrendous fashion periods of our time. Just think, if he'd got over the drugs and excessive food and come out the other side he would have done some amazing collaborations in the 80's and 90's.

I always like to think of Elvis as the beautiful talented young man that he was in his early career, whilst I love a few of his later songs, for me, nothing compares to his early recordings Rock'n'Roll 1 & 2 are just fabulous albums which stand the test of time.

Tried to book an Elvis impersonator once.Got put through to a call center!..........had to press 1 for the money 2 for the show.

Elvis Presley would have been 75 today.

Stone? ...

Tried to book an Elvis impersonator once.Got put through to a call center!..........had to press 1 for the money 2 for the show.

Oh please :shakes:

Stone? ...

:loopy: