Elvis Presley died on 16 August

And their skin colour is significant because...?

...it's a major part of their identity and it helps us understand who they were.

...it's a major part of their identity and it helps us understand who they were.

Does it? How, exactly? All it communicates as it stands is that the guys were on the make. Why does it matter that they were black?

And their skin colour is significant because...?

a bit touchy there I think, the poster described what happened and you jumped in and tried to call them rascist

a bit touchy there I think, the poster described what happened and you jumped in and tried to call them rascist

It was casual racism unless the guys' colour was genuinely important. If the poster did not consider it significant, s/he would not have mentioned it in his/her description of what happened. When you narrate something, you choose (sometimes subconsicously) what to include and what to leave out, and which words to use to describe people or things. If I told you that I bought a dodgy car today from a white salesman, you'd wonder why I mentioned his colour. It's the same thing.

Edited by aliceBB

It was casual racism unless the guys' colour was genuinely important. If the poster did not consider it significant, s/he would not have mentioned it in his/her description of what happened. When you narrate something, you choose (sometimes subconsicously) what to include and what to leave out, and which words to use to describe people or things. If I told you that I bought a dodgy car today from a white salesman, you'd wonder why I mentioned his colour. It's the same thing.

why is it casual racism ,the poster described what happened . if you told your story about a white car salesman ,I would not be bothered about your description . I think you are colour blind

why is it casual racism ,the poster described what happened . if you told your story about a white car salesman ,I would not be bothered about your description . I think you are colour blind

What you have just written demonstrates perfectly the truth of what I have been saying. Goodnight.

Does it? How, exactly? All it communicates as it stands is that the guys were on the make. Why does it matter that they were black?

aren't you the the one being racist thinking the word "black" is a negative thing to say :suspect:

What you have just written demonstrates perfectly the truth of what I have been saying. Goodnight.

how does that work ? please enlighten me :confused:

Mod Note:

As some members are unable to listen to warning and keep the thread on topic, closing.

Thank you.