Elvis Presley died on 16 August

If you've not heard already today is the 30th anniversary of the death of Elvis. Doesn't seem like two minutes ago.

Where were you when you heard the news?

Favourite track?

whoops forgot to include my own!!

I was on a family holiday in St Ives Cornwall

Fav track is a cover of a Bob Dylan song called 'Tommorow is a Long Time'

So, what would Elvis be doing if he were still alive today?

Let me out. Let me out!

Well, I thought we had gone to Blackpool for the day but this is unlikely as 16th August 1977 was a Tuesday. Okay, so I will have been off school (I would start Nethergreen Middle School in a couple of weeks) but I can't imagine the family going for a day out in Blackpool on a Tuesday (Sunday, yes, but not Tuesday).

And yet I recall hearing about his death and thinking about it whilst we were going over the Snake Pass, in fact, descending into Glossop.

Anyway, for the record, The Girl Of My Best Friend, Crying In The Chapel and the Wonder Of You.

Probably.

I liked most of his songs really. Only thing is that most of these Elvis impersonators who get paid silly money to pretend to be Elvis, God how daft do these guys look?! :lol:

And most of them can't sing for toffee as well.. Occassionally you get a good one who Elvis himself would've been proud of, but most of them are rubbish!

I was staying with my cousins in Weston Super Mare when I heard the news of Elvis's death on the radio.

I always have Elvis or Sinatra usually playing in my car, I never tire of hearing them probably because they both sound so unique and can both sing with real emotion, unlike some of todays so called "stars".

I was staying with my cousins in Weston Super Mare when I heard the news of Elvis's death on the radio.

I always have Elvis or Sinatra usually playing in my car, I never tire of hearing them probably because they both sound so unique and can both sing with real emotion, unlike some of todays so called "stars".

I don't think either one was a "great singer", I'm a big Sinatra fan, but I would call him a great "crooner" not a great singer, Elvis neither.

I used to play a lot of wargames, and I remember that I was involved in setting up a fairly large game for myself and some school mates that day - I remember very clearly being surrounded by boxes of model soldiers, building, tape measures, rule books, etc. and setting up a table that occupied most of our living room.

Favourite track - toss up between 'In the ghetto' and 'Suspicious Minds'.

It's quite strange how I distinctly remember hearing the news of Elvis' death, as I was only six at the time. I was on holiday in Bridlington. We'd just got back from the beach and I remember being sat on the floor in the living room sorting through a bucket of shells and getting sand on the carpet while my mum watched the news on TV.

Favourite songs: 'Don't Be Cruel' and 'Suspicious Minds'.