Any elderly people need any supplies?

whilst dropping my kids off at school this morning i noticed an elderly chap struggling back from the shops on the icy pavement with some milk and he looked like an accident waiting to happen, so if you know of any elderly people who are struggling to get out and need some supplies i think we should all be doing our bit, if you know anyone who lives between manor top and hackenthorpe that needs anything fetching let me know as i do that journey twice a day, i think we as drivers who go to the shops whenever we want take it for granted that everyone can get out and about but that clearly isnt the case and we should be doing our bit

good on you !! sheffgrow:clap::clap::clap:the only thing is we have asked our neighbours and they dont want the help the oldies are so independent sometimes,but we will keep trying lol

Edited by roughy101

awwww i know what u mean sheff ive took my nan shopping today shes 82 i darent let her out last month she went posting xmas cards and fell and split her forehead open i was absolutely heartbroken xxx

Well done sheffgrow, good on you.

thats great Sheffgrow, only hope more people do so, i popped into the Age Concern charity shop and made a donation, they will need it and more...

i asked my elderly naighbour the other day but she didnt need anything and her son was taking her shopping at the wkend anyway, ( she said in the 40 yrs she had lived on this estate i was the only person to knock on her door n ask her ) Awww

Good for you honey but after my experience of the oldies today they can get stuffed.Gritted some oldies drive whilst doing the whole road to be barked at.dont put any on here it walks into the house and on my carpet. FALL DOWN THEN YOU MISERABLE OLD SOD.

Good on you :)

On Tuesday morning we knocked on our elderly neighbours door about 10.30am as we were going to the shops and we asked if he needed any help or wanted anything getting.

He thanked us very much but said he was okay and he'd in fact been out earlier that morning! He's over 80 as well!

Good for you honey but after my experience of the oldies today they can get stuffed.Gritted some oldies drive whilst doing the whole road to be barked at.dont put any on here it walks into the house and on my carpet. FALL DOWN THEN YOU MISERABLE OLD SOD.

Hahaha. Barked at lol, funny stuff.

I'm using this on my other half.

'Stop barking at me!'

You know whats sad, if you'd have asked that old man of he would like a lift home - he would have said no out of fear for being mugged/kidnapped... shame really.

Thats really nice.

I also every year but my phone number on christmas card to my next door neighbour. they're very frail, and are mainly housebound- you never see them. But I always write on it they are to call should they need anything at all.

But offering to deliver things- that really is nice, pity more people arent like that.