Does anyone use Mozilla Thunderbird ?

I was following forum rules on existing threads - I could start a new thread - "Why you should let Thunderbird Fly" - and get a different mail client! :rolleyes:

It doesn't matter that the thread is ten years old. Swarfendor was reporting on the latest information on Thunderbird that wasn't relevant in 2005. I read the piece in Computeractive too and was quite surprised by this news. It is good that the subject has been raised because it is a popular programme. I have never cared for it myself and always use Windows Live Essentials but select custom install and only use the Mail part of it. There is a calendar panel on the right hand side but it doesn't pop up with reminders unless it is linked to Outlook.com.

If you value your data you should switch to a different mail client - I am currently using claws mail as a replacement - don't have a need for calendar function.

See my link to security issues here:

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showpost.php?p=11166650&postcount=7

Sounds like you are making a mountain out a of mole hill, you are certainly unfairly singling out Mozilla Thunderbird here.

The same architecture of placing DLLs in user profile folders is also used by other software like OpenOffice, Dropbox, or Chrome, as we were informed via email by one of our readers that calls himself Eric, which also said: "there are enough anti-malware/virus solutions that can protect against arbitrary code execution and detect changed files."

Hi Alex, I did not make a note of the Security Page that Computer Active pointed to but it was on Mozillazine's own site, stating that data could be overwritten.

Playing safe and using Claws Mail. ;):)