Where's community spirit? Why aren't we helping each other in the snow?

I'm in S11 (near Psalter Lane) but it'd take you a while, cos the whole dratted close, right out, onto the main road is snowed over (grit wagons can't easily get onto my close). If it were just from my door to the footpath, it wouldn't be so bad. It'd be backbreaking, I reckon.

Well, you're just around the corner from me... I don't mind coming and gritting the pavement for you and clearing a way to the footpath if you think it's worth it.

Of course people help other people but they do not broadcast it like some.

Absolutley spot on, I think some people want to be told they are a good person.

Well, you're just around the corner from me... I don't mind coming and gritting the pavement for you and clearing a way to the footpath if you think it's worth it.

That would be great, if you're up for it, don't want to put you out...

Honestly,what are people like these days?My neighbour cut a lovely car space outside his house.I wish he'd get himself a bit bigger car,it's a bit of a tight squeeze for the Jag.Selfish get!

Like I said earlier, I posted evey one of our starving neighbours a JACOBS cream cracker through the letter box.

NOW I have one moaning that the utterly butterly I put on one of them has ruined their carpet.

Ungrateful sod, I'll use sainsbury's own brand next time.

You watched him struggle for 30 minutes.

I thought the same. :huh:

I got stuck on the steepest part of our road, a guy came out and threw salt under my wheels until I made it home, I couldn't wait to get my shovel out and help him, we are both in our 60's. Half an hour later we were the only ones salting, so we packed up. :confused:

I thought the same. :huh:

I got stuck on the steepest part of our road, a guy came out and threw salt under my wheels until I made it home, I couldn't wait to get my shovel out and help him, we are both in our 60's. Half an hour later we were the only ones salting, so we packed up. :confused:

Same with my Dad, 76 and the only one on the street doing half the road and neighbours drives.

I remember in the sixties the whole street used to come out, not sit on their arses moaning about the gritters and council.

Like I said earlier, I posted evey one of our starving neighbours a JACOBS cream cracker through the letter box.

NOW I have one moaning that the utterly butterly I put on one of them has ruined their carpet.

Ungrateful sod, I'll use sainsbury's own brand next time.

You spoil them neighbours of yours.They'll want jam on it next.

When I get the lawnmower attachment fitted to the chair, shane's, yeah, I'd give it a whirl.

been wondering how easy it'd be to adapt-and-attach one of these to the old chariot, to get shot of the snow as I pootle my way along!

http://www.fotosearch.com/CSP155/k1559333/

Well look sharp then.Under the snow,our lawn's like Terry Waites.

Grateful thanks, Snook, and to my friends, Alli and Chris, who have cleared and gritted me a path off my property, and given me the means to get out to the shop for necessaries like milk and bread.

Many hands make light work, as they say!

Grateful thanks, Snook, and to my friends, Alli and Chris, who have cleared and gritted me a path off my property, and given me the means to get out to the shop for necessaries like milk and bread.

How cool! Well done to you all :D

What a kind gesture!

Would Snook and co be kind enough to bring the snow they've cleared off your path round here and dump it on my neighbour's drive? Only I don't like him very much and would like to see how he manages without a car.

The other week, when it all came down, the driveway I share with my neighbours got gritted, but they were very careful to ensure none of the grit escaped onto my side of the drive. (You could actually see the dividing-line where the grit finished) I mean, God-forbid, a bit of grit might stray onto my side, and make it easier for me to get along the path, hey? Or someone might think, as they were broadcasting the grit across the drive "I'll grit PT's path as well, as there's no way she can get to the grit-bin, and deal with her own path..." :rolleyes:

They might not have done it like that. Maybe they thought you might not like grit on your drive? I'd be well annoyed if my neighbour came and gritted my path. The slippery the path, the less chance of burglars!