Panic buying bread and milk

i'm not bothering buying any milk once we run out , cos weve still got 3 boxes of stella in the garage , and it'll also save on electric not having to boil the kettle for a cuppa !!!!! lol

And Stella is great on coco pops.

Went to Sainsburys, Matlock today .. couldn't believe the bedlam in the store ! Whole gondolas were totally stripped of basic food stuffs ...

It's a self-fulfilling prophecy and newspapers shouldn't be putting out silly headlines about it. In somewhere like Sheffield, none of the shops are having any problems getting goods in, even stalls were open on the market (brrr, poor buggers), and there is no significant snow forecast for days. People are now only going mental because other people are.

In Sainsburys yesterday I've never seen the shop so full of fresh produce!

If everyone says "I'm not going to panic" then there will be no need for anyone to!

I was sadly shocked to see the same last night at Morrisons Hillsborough (which I loathe going to at the best of times). As I came into the car park ,I saw a privately owned gritter leaving the loading bay for the supermarket, so the big M won't have any trouble getting deliveries!

When I went inside I moved over to the bread shelves and alas, nothing. I did see a couple of trolley pushers with easily 20 loaves in their cart (a mix of the cheap nasty value loaf and some ultra thick loaf). I was tempted to have a go at them but no point in that. I then thought about taking a pic of them and their trolley but reckoned they wouldn't take kindly to that either!! :hihi:

I was sadly shocked to see the same last night at Morrisons Hillsborough (which I loathe going to at the best of times). As I came into the car park ,I saw a privately owned gritter leaving the loading bay for the supermarket, so the big M won't have any trouble getting deliveries!

When I went inside I moved over to the bread shelves and alas, nothing. I did see a couple of trolley pushers with easily 20 loaves in their cart (a mix of the cheap nasty value loaf and some ultra thick loaf). I was tempted to have a go at them but no point in that. I then thought about taking a pic of them and their trolley but reckoned they wouldn't take kindly to that either!! :hihi:

the morrsons in hillsborough are useless at stocking bread all year round, not just when it gets cold. i usually go shopping monday afternoons and most of the shelves are bare.

Just been next door to my local Sainsbury's. Noticed a few fully laden trolleys but couldn't work out if this is normal Friday shopping for the weekend or just because they have forecast some snow for us.

The thing that DID shock me, was the almost stripped bare gondolas that are usually chocker bloc full of TOILET ROLLS :o I could have counted on one hand the number of packs left on there. Now come on.....haven't they heard of recycling, why haven't they been saving up their newspapers if they think it's going to get that bad.:roll:

I reckon most of the people piling their trollies high with mountains of bread could afford to live off their own fat deposits for a few weeks :hihi:

Sheffield Star has a whole front page with a picture of empty shelves and a massive headline screaming "Panic Buying Empties Shelves"

Well it will now !

Sheffield Star has a whole front page with a picture of empty shelves and a massive headline screaming "Panic Buying Empties Shelves"

Well it will now !

Oh cheers, Sheffield Star, at least I know which newspaper to wipe my bum on when the locusts have bought up a year's supply of toilet roll.

If you can do laundry without shrinking it, will you marry me?

Yes, I can, and no, I won't (apart from being a blob, I'm also no cradle-snatcher).

I went in asda last night and saw lots of people with their trolley's filled with bread and all i could think was, if i woke up tomorrow and was snowed in ,the last thing i would want to eat is stale bread! So i filled my trolley with maltesers!!!!

Jesus! People are panic buying bread and milk. I had no idea! I'd better nip out and get some, before it's all gone! You bunch of absolute, complete and utter tw...

*door closes behind me*